cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

NSXGB

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@bobpullen

I'm afraid I cannot upload anything at all now to http://insightgenesis.laketrax.com - most speed checkers aren't working either but one I got to work seems to indicate near maximum up & down speeds. I can however upload to Dropbox. Strange.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@NSXGB, I can't see how those issues can be related to anything I've done.

There was a fairly large Amazon AWS outage yesterday though (fixed shortly after you posted) that may have been related. Good chance the sites you were having problems with had some sort of dependency on AWS.

If you're still having problems, I'd try a single disconnect/reconnect before giving things another go.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

NDA

I'm not sure why I have been asked to register here, would simply like to have the fix please, having suffered constant interruptions over several months, which is disrupting my business.

Question 145087010 is logged

Thankyou

geffers
Grafter

Since @bobpullen applied a fix to my router it appears to have settled down now.

Ten days without a dropped line with numerous large file uploads.

As this thread is still active I am not sure why this 'fix' has not been made general.

Geffers

DavidBevan
Hooked

I too have this problem. Changed to Plusnet in Dec after many years with another provider to save some money. What a mistake I made. Have had this uploading problem since (eventually) being connected. Not really getting anywhere with sorting the problem then I found this thread by pure accident. It seems that I am in a pretty long queue. When I upload the connection drops every time after about 4 mins. Pain in the neck to say the least.    

geffers
Grafter

@geffers wrote:

Since @bobpullen applied a fix to my router it appears to have settled down now.

Ten days without a dropped line with numerous large file uploads.

Spoke too soon, dropped after 11 days Sad

Geffers

steadmantom

Could someone explain what how the temporary fixes are being scheduled? I am still waiting for a resolution but people posting after me have had a fix applied and notified by @bobpullen

I appreciate that Plusnet are unable to apply a global fix as yet but the lack of information being provided and an expected date of resolution is becoming very frustrating as we are currently paying full price for a sub-standard service.

adamjackman

thanks Bob! Smiley

neilonline

Hi Bob, looks like we've been having the same issues as everyone else - Plusnet support pointed us to this forum post...

Hope you can help! Our details are: 

• Make/model of router = Plusnet Hub One
  • Firmware/software version = Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated 25/09/16
  • What product/speed you have = Unlimited Fibre 40/2, 
  • Gateway you're connected to =  pcn-ar02
  • Device being used to upload from: various - iphone, Windows 10 laptop, macbook, android phone
  • What it is you're uploading/what service you're using = various - dropbox, icloud, google photos, google drive - possibly dropbox or icloud that seems to trigger?
  • When the problem first started - has been quite bad the last couple of days, but had some dropouts on a couple of days a few weeks ago too, when doing a lot of uploading
  • If you have access to a different router, whether or not the problem affects that too, or if it's just specific to the Hub One - no access to a different router

Many thanks

Neil

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@geffers wrote:

Spoke too soon, dropped after 11 days Sad

I can't guarantee your line won't drop at all Wink

Let me know if there are repeated drops when uploading again, otherwise I'm fairly confident what you've seen here will be down to something else.

@steadmantom wrote:

Could someone explain what how the temporary fixes are being scheduled? I am still waiting for a resolution but people posting after me have had a fix applied and notified by @bobpullen

Really sorry! I must have overlooked your post. The workaround has now been applied to your device.

@DavidBevan & @NDA, workaround applied to your routers too.

@NSXGB, did your problem go away in the end?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Samson2
Hooked

Hi Bob,

I've also had this problem for over two months!!! Please please can you try the temporary fix? It is exasperating dealing with the dropouts. I understand the info you need is:

Router: plus net Hub one

firmware/software: 4.7.5.1.83.8.226

unlimited fibre 40/2

devices: apple - macs, iPads and iPhones. One windows laptop

uploading: not sure - not consciously uploading anything and turned off iCloud on most devices but automatic uploads to iCloud all i can think of

Problem since: end Dec/beg Jan 2017

Have tried connecting with the older router but it was SO slow we didn't persevere.

Many thanks and fingers crossed!

DavidBevan
Hooked

A huge thank you to bobpullen. I hadn't even got to the stage of actually asking for the fix.

It seems to have cured my problem (fingers crossed) so thanks Bob.

David Bevan

becksandsteve

Hello Bob,

I would also appreciate the fix applying, was directed to you by the support team:

Router: Plusnet Hub One

firmware: 4.7.5.1.83.8.226

Contract:unlimited fibre

devices: apple: windows 10 laptop, Samsung tablet, Kindle Fire, iPhone

uploads: Youtube, Dropbox - not frequent, but have noticed it seems to affect box for a few hours after attempting an upload

We have had this problem with increasing regularity since early Dec 16 - any help appreciated.

Thank you,

Rebecca

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@bobpullen  any idea of when this fix will be ported to ALL PN customers ?Huh

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
geffers
Grafter

Meanwhile customers are paying normal price for a substandard service.

Geffers

@bobpullen wrote:

@steveops1 wrote:
Why have we all not had this fix sent to us we shouldn't have to go on a forum to try to get a working Internet connection!

It's not as simple as that I'm afraid. We are working on a global fix. Unfortunately, in this instance it's not something we can rush into. There's both an interim solution in the pipeline, as well as changes being made to a future firmware build. These things take time though, and development time excepted, there are a number of quality gates/formal tests that need to be conducted before things can be pushed to production.