cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed reduction when recontracting

nitrams69
Grafter

Line speed reduction when recontracting

Hi my line estimates were 54.1 - 76Mbps for the line.I have just recontracted and my line estimates are now as stated "We estimate your broadband speed should be between 48 Mbps and 66 Mbps and your Minimum Guaranteed Speed is 43 Mbps."

Email of offer stated Services included as part of your contract Average download speeds of 66Mb how can i have average if new max speed is 66mb?

Why have these been reduced when all i have done is change contract. Can you change to old setting or I have 14 days to cancel which would mean i would go back to my old estimates. Recontracting should not mean lower speed guarantees.

4 REPLIES 4
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Line speed reduction when recontracting

What's your current speed? What does it say here.

You'll find that it is ultimately DLM that controls your line speed and that's an automated 24/7 process. You might find that any downward revision by PN has more to do with the speeds that your line is actually achieving in real life. Are your current speeds slower? Towards the bottom of the DSL checker, usually (not always though) the actual observed speed is shown. Can be handy to know.

Good luck.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
nitrams69
Grafter

Thanks my current line speed for the past 13 days is 60653. i just cant uderstand why my line estimates are reduced if i hadn't recontracted my guarantee would be at a higher rate.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Admittedly on the BT website but very interesting to read between the two versions of contract that apply - depending on when the BT customer signed up. Plusnet might well be similar.. All you can do is read your contract...and go from there.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
nitrams69
Grafter

This is why i don't understand the speed drop. Line stats should not have changed or am i missing something.

Any plusnet staff comment on this please.