BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test Faulty

FIXED
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test Faulty

Sent over yours too @snadge.

Interesting thread I found on the BT Broadband Community this morning:

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Re-Up-to-38MB-or-52MB-which-am-I-on-Technic...

Seems they are also getting the error messages when running performance tests.  I've flagged that post to our Wholesale supplier as they were getting the same error:

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : xx Mbps

2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : xx Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Hopefully we'll get some traction now I have proven this is also affecting BT Consumer Broadband circuits.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Still the same.

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 74.98 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 17.27 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

scrookes
Aspiring Pro

It may take a while for them to resolve. I'll keep you all updated
jwsg
Rising Star

Same problem here

scrookes
Aspiring Pro

We've raised quite a few circuits to BT now and in all cases they appear to be FTTC.  Seems that we have enough at the moment for them to identify the root cause and they have advised me that this is being looked at.

I don't currently have a timescale for fix, so for the time being would suggest for everyone to use an alternative performance tester, especially if you are wanting to highlight any issues off the back of a raised fault into Plusnet.

As before, I will keep this thread updated as soon as I hear anything else from BT.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@scrookes

If my FTTP line is showing as FTTC then that maybe a different issue for mine .Smiley

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

@scrookes wrote:

We've raised quite a few circuits to BT now and in all cases they appear to be FTTC.  Seems that we have enough at the moment for them to identify the root cause and they have advised me that this is being looked at. 

Just for the record, my connection is ADSL2+ and I get exactly the same error message on further diagnostics as the OP (and have done for a week or so now.)

Over the years I've got used to it being rather hit and miss. Roll_eyes

scrookes
Aspiring Pro

@JayG That's interesting information and will pass onto BT.

@SpendLessTime Your FTTP will likely also be affected.  I should have said any FTTx circuit is likely to be affected by the issue.  My bad

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

scrookes wrote: (snipped) It may take a while for them to resolve.

BT on the case.JPG Same old same old .... At least they're on the case!! Roll_eyes

I'll keep you all updated

Thanks Smiley

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I think it time for BT to add IP Profile stamp via Plusnet member account with phone number rather than using BTw speed test with a hit and miss at all times and BT never learn from this to fix this.

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Hi

Think its working now, can you all check too just in case I am an anomaly Cheesy

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Worked for me now Smiley

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Stlll not working Sad

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 74.99 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 17.56 Mbps

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I did try twice but still not working. Sad

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 74.96 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 17.58 Mbps

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Working here too - hooray!!! Smiley

But kinda wished it wasn't - This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault. - booooo!!! Knuppel