cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Broadband Availability Checker

grexy
Dabbler

BT Broadband Availability Checker

May be a stupid question but I get a VDSL range A (clean) downstream rate of 19.5 on the checker.

my openreach ip profile is 19.42 and I stay connected at 19+ plus for weeks at a time, and it's very stable and no issues.

beacuse the checker say 19.5, does that mean I'll never get any faster and my ip profile will never be increased?

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) All caps title removed as per Forum rules

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: BT Broadband Availability Checker

dslchecker provides estimates for the line.

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 19.5 13.1 2 0.9 -- Available -- --

Although it doesn't mean that your line will 100% never provide higher speeds than the estimate that is shown, we would expect your line to perform somewhere within the speed range estimate that is shown.

From the sounds of things, your line is performing pretty well being at the top end of the estimate.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
grexy
Dabbler

Thanks, I'm not having issues, but just wondered if my openreach ip profile would every change to allow me to even try and get anything faster. I'm guessing everything looks good and within the estimate, so not much chance of it changing unless something goes wrong.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Although technically it's possible for it to increase, it's unfortunately not something we can guarantee.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet