cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra stuck at 38 down and 2 up

TheLastMan
Hooked

Unlimited Fibre Extra stuck at 38 down and 2 up

Have raised the following on three "chats" with Plusnet tech team and seem to have hit a brick wall.  They say they have provided 76/20 "to the premises", but I am only getting 38/2.

I initially took the Plusnet Unlimited Fibre 38 mbps package not realising it only had an upload speed of 2 mbps.  This was poor compared to the 10 mbps I was getting with EE.  My router was telling me I could get the full 76/20 if I upgraded to Unlimited Fibre Extra - so I went through the upgrade process.

A few days later I was told I had been upgraded and my Router was reporting the changed profile.  However speed tests consistently showed my speeds were still 38 down and 2 up.

I have raised this three times now in chats with the tech team at Plusnet and each time they tell me that I have the correct profile and they have no idea why I still seem to be getting just 38/2.

My router is on the master socket and all tests are done on a laptop on a wired connection to the router with no other activity on the line. I have tried the Plusnet router, a TP-link VR200 VDSL2 modem router and a Draytek Vigor 130 VDSL modem attached to the router. All report the same result.

I attach my BT Wholesale speed test result (taken using the Plusnet router) and a screen capture of my router statistics.

It really does look like something has not been changed correctly at the Plusnet end. Openreach are clearly applying the correct profile, but Plusnet are not letting the data through somehow.

I am hoping that a Plusnet Tech person here will read this and have more idea of what is going on than their "chat" team.

7 REPLIES 7
TheLastMan
Hooked

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra stuck at 38 down and 2 up

Does anybody know if it is possible to send images or documents over Plusnet Chat?  If it is I might send the attachments on my last post to emphasise my point.

By the way, I have reported this as a fault.  Hopefully that will initiate some serious investigation. I am pretty certain all that has happened is somebody has not "ticked a box" somewhere and left me on my old settings.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Everything is set correctly on our end so that isn't the cause I'm afraid.

I can see you have a fault raised and we'll get that picked up as soon as we can.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
TheLastMan
Hooked

Have you looked at the BTW speed test and statistics from my router that I attached to my first post? It is too much of a coincidence that the speed test matches my old profile even though the router stats suggest a much better performance is possible.

I have tried this with three modems, the one in the Plusnet router, the one in a TP-Link VR200 router and a Draytek Vigor 130 standalone VDSL2 modem with the latest BT compatible firmware.  All show the same results, so if it is not Plusnet, and it is not my line or hardware, then that leaves something in the Openreach system?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Yes I did look at the tests Smiley

It could be a issue with the cabinet or incorrect settings however that's something a engineer would need to check.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
TheLastMan
Hooked

Thanks for the response, I will see what an engineer can do. Glad to see some Plusnet staff here, by the way. A step up from EE's woeful customer service.

TheLastMan
Hooked

A week now and not a peep from anybody, not Plusnet nor an engineer has contacted me.  Is there any way I can check on the status of my reported fault?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@TheLastMan wrote:

Is there any way I can check on the status of my reported fault?

Updates will be provided by our faults team via the ticket here.

It looks like someone was looking in to this earlier today but they don't seem to have provided any next steps (Other than internal notes stating a TAP3 test will be required)

I've emailed my manager to chase this up with the faults team to get an update for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet