Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At my wits end...

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: At my wits end...

Totally agree Thumbs_Up
Top Management at PN needs a change , and they obvioulsy have told Forum staff to avoid the forum
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@AlexHill wrote:

I have internet sockets/ethernet ports all around my apartment installed into the walls, which i'm meant to be able to plug ethanet cables into, but because it was installed into the wrong line they are inactive and pretty much useless.

I'm having difficulty picturing this problem. If you have multiple ethernet sockets (plates), surely these all feed to a "central" patch panel (with adequate adjacent power provision) where a suitable switch would allow any connection to send data to any other connection. That would mean that a modem/router unit  or separate modem could be connected to the ethernet socket adjacent to the incoming phone socket and connect to the switch or router respectively to support all the other sockets. Having  a single fast/Gbit ethernet link to the modem would not compromise the internet speed.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I guess it depends on where the phone lines enter the building in relation to the physical location of the network cabling. In our case we had an underground phone line from the street at the front of the house and an aerial phone line from a telephone line at the back of the house. 

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.