cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any capacity issues?

nbk
Grafter

Re: Any capacity issues?

Since I havent managed to ascertain reading the thread, is it limited to certain geographical areas or is it country wide?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Another test again. It's appear it was BT Network issues such SVLANs. Plusnet need to act this on BTw. We're not the only one here! Everyone is affect too.

deathtrap
Grafter

I did wonder if the BT network would cope or not with FTTC/H it's looking as if it isn't upto the job,  BTW the silence on this from Plusnet as to what if anything is being done is deafening
AndyH
Grafter

Upgrades to capacity happen on a virtual daily basis. Some parts of the country have had delays and there have been some parts where usage has exceeded forecasts. There are always going to be capacity problems at some point in time when managing a network of this size.
You have to remember that with BTW's 21CN network, they are paid per Mbps by their customers, so it's in their interest to ensure there are no capacity issues.
deathtrap
Grafter

Well the way that they manage their networks suck's we should all get a partial refund for a degraded service, but because they aren't obligated to do this they don't care about peak time congestion, it's a big joke on those customers affected that it's gone on so long
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Yeah last time it took plusnet and BTw to fixed issues SVLANs four to six weeks last year. Now, it's a question for Plusnet to chase this up with BTw. But, more likely they just can't be bothered this time.
AndyH
Grafter

Degraded service in what context?
You're paying for a low cost broadband service, not an uncontended leased line with a SLG.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Performance is good for me tonight full speed on speedtests.  I am still on my normal account tho which has pro activated.
actually still is some signs of congestion, but is lighter since I moved to the pro account.
nbk
Grafter

Quote from: chrcoluk
Performance is good for me tonight full speed on speedtests.  I am still on my normal account tho which has pro activated.

does pro make a difference with fibre unlimited (or unlimited extra)?
I was under the impression, reading the forums, it doesnt actually make that much difference if any
chrcoluk
Grafter

I posted an update, since I am curious I think I may jump back now, I was hesistant tho as I dont want ti much slower again.
Pro makes a difference if plusnet are maxed out (which is no confirmation they are not currently).
deathtrap
Grafter

Degraded service is packet loss increased levels of jitter/latency and throughput that becomes erratic and throughput is noticeably less than it is outside peak times
chrcoluk
Grafter

yeah its way down on the ipv6 account, and this time x1 and x6 are different.

on pro a few mins before.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: nbk

I was under the impression, reading the forums, it doesnt actually make that much difference if any

By far and away the biggest difference that Pro makes is that you are £5 a month poorer!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
deathtrap
Grafter

From last night
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: nbk

By far and away the biggest difference that Pro makes is that you are £5 a month poorer!

in theory.
This assumption is based is if no plusnet side congestion, you agree with the prioritisation classification of standard and that the shaping equipment works as expected.  Just because you dont want pro dont dish others who have it.
anyway this will drift off topic discussing the merits of pro, I am simply reporting what is happening on my connection.