cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wordpress and uploading images

fforchlas
Dabbler

wordpress and uploading images

hello there! i recently uploaded wordpress (with lots of help form the forum, thanks!) but now i am having trouble seeing the images i am uploading for blog posts. they seem to upload fine, and they are there in the wp-content uploads folder, but i can't view the images: they are just an empty box in wordpress. i think it must be a permissions thing, but need to know what to do. can you please help?
http://ccgi.fforchlas.plus.com/wordpress/2010/03/oxford-street/005434-official-logo-of-g-v/
thank you bethan
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: wordpress and uploading images

Yes, this is a permissions problem. The images need to be readable by the web server.
The permissions on the WordPress uploads directory are probably 0710 if you've followed the recommendations for CCGI. Change these for the uploads directory, and any  sub-directories of uploads that WordPress might have created to 0750. Change the permissions of existing images to 0640. Images uploaded in future should automatically inherit 0640 from the directory structure.
Having made those changes you should find the images appear.
David
David
fforchlas
Dabbler

Thank you! i can see them. And I have uploaded a new image and see that too. Great!  Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yep, also visible to me now. Smiley
David