Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing buttons on plusnet site on Firefox

FIXED
TimJW
Hooked

missing buttons on plusnet site on Firefox

I've just spent an annoying half hour trying to update my direct debit payment details. Eventually realised I was missing a button on the website when using my default browser. Is there any way to mak Plusnet aware of this as there is no Email address to contact support?

Page on FirefoxPage on FirefoxPage on ChromePage on Chrome

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: missing buttons on plusnet site on Firefox

@TimJW 

There are dozens of different browsers. You can’t expect Plusnet to test all of them for compatibility. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

HeadFullOfWool1
Dabbler

It could be the plus.net server certificate/security settings that are preventing the button from being displayed, if FF is treating the source of the button as suspect/not secure (if it is a image rather than CSS-styled text, it could be located on a different server and cross-referenced in the page).

I've just resolved an issue with my FF (87) giving a failed connection message (ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap) for the entire www.plus.net site (which includes the Member Centre, but NOT this community.plus.net site, which uses a different TLS certificate), by altering a crypto policy setting on my system (this level of issue/breakage seems to be specific to Fedora 33).  Chrome was working OK though.  My "Firefox" fix (actually operating system-level, not the browser) came from here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/StrongCryptoSettings2 but may not apply to your system of course.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Fix

@HeadFullOfWool1 Nice thought, although totally wrong.

@TimJW If you reduce the zoom level in FF to 90%, the button is visible.

John
HeadFullOfWool1
Dabbler

Heh - nice simple solution if correct! 👍

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

It is correct - I tried it before posting, and it had been suggested before, anyway.

John
HeadFullOfWool1
Dabbler

Alright, no need to get all antsy about it.  I merely said it was a good simple solution.

TimJW
Hooked

"There are dozens of different browsers. You can’t expect Plusnet to test all of them for compatibility. "

And this is helpful in what way?

If a major internet provider cannot have pages visible in the 3rd most popular desktop browser, it seems poor to me.

TimJW
Hooked

Thanks, reducing size fixed it.