Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't access webspace on Plusnet

Katie222
Grafter
Fixes: 1

can't access webspace on Plusnet

I have a couple of small websites in my webspace and now cannot access the server to upload new content on my websites.
I lost email on Wednesday and that is ok now I just need help to connect to the server. Thank you for any help & is anyone else having the same problem?

Katie

8 REPLIES 8
Sandgrounder119

Re: can't access webspace on Plusnet

Yes it's a big problem, I have been trying for days. Also my websites have been down too, back up now but I still can't add content. What happened to the old 'raise a ticket' option to get help.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Katie222 , @Sandgrounder119  This is as a result of the problem discussed extensively on the Email board. Hopefully it will be corrected in time, but as webspace is a legacy product, it will not be as high on PNs list as confirming the still-supported email is working as it should.

John
Sandgrounder119

Thanks, if that is the case maybe I should be looking to change my broadband supplier, having been with Plus Net for many years this makes me sad.

Katie222
Grafter

Thank you for that info. I will stop trying to update my website now and wait for it to be fixed.

Katie

howie13pnet
Dabbler

Am having the same experience. A couple of my websites hosted on the Plusnet servers are now visible online - but it's not possible to update the content.  As some of the pages need to be refreshed with information on local events almost on a daily basis, this is (to put it mildly) bl**dy annoying. 

The provision of webspace has been a major factor in being a customer with Plusnet since they first came on the scene. Frankly, the combined failure of the email service (which is still unable to send posts) and webhosting is likely to prove a BIG consideration when it's time to renew my contract.

Katie222
Grafter

.......and now email is down again.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I've not been that close to the current problems, however if you are trying to FTP content to your webspace, then try connecting using the IP 212.159.8.91 instead of the host name ftp.plus.net.

Unfortunately, that's not going to help with the intermittent access to your actual websites Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Katie222
Grafter

Thank you for your help bobpullen. Fortunately the website is working at the moment and I have been able to upload some information for our Village Remembrance Day services tomorrow. My email is back in action too. This is the first real problem I've had since I joined Plusnet when you started up so I can't really complain.

Katie