Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Webstats

mavison
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Missing Webstats

I have a web site on my Force9 account, and have webstats turned on. These are generally created at around 3am every morning, and have been for years. However, it seems that they stopped at the same time as the big email problems, as my last stats were created at 03:41 on Tuesday 9th.

I realise that fixing this will be a low priority item, but it would be useful if someone at PlusNet can confirm that it is a known problem, and whether the missing ones are now lost forever.

Today my email problems seem to be resolved, and I can see my website again and FTP connects to it again, so great progress has been made - thanks for that!

2 REPLIES 2
mikeb
Rising Star

Re: Missing Webstats

I asked about arrangements for preserving webstats/logfiles data (if any is actually available considering that servers are missing and website access is thus much reduced & problematic)  on Wednesday  and got the following response:

@JonoH wrote:

for full transparency, I don't think any additional measures to safeguard and ensure the validity of webstats has been taken, although I may be wrong. The focus has been on fixing the outage and thus restoring service. 

I know that's not what you want to hear, and I may well be wrong, but I'd like to set the expectation that these stats might also be lost. I'm happy to chase them tomorrow to check, should email be restored and you find yourself missing them. 

No surprise really, especially so as the problem has dragged on for so long now.  It's almost inevitable that there are many issues various that still need sorting out and webstats/logfiles will almost certainly be bottom of the list ... assuming that the issue does actually make the list of course ! I think we'll just have to wait and see what if anything turns up next week Smiley

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue
mavison
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Missing Webstats

@MikB Thanks for that - I had missed that interchange in all the mass of posts!