Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats not generated

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Webstats not generated

No sign of Webstats so far this morning (says last generated 18-Jun-2018 04:28 BST (stats for 17/06/18 )).

The PlusNet service status page (accessed via the Member Centre) https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status is blank (no content).

The Comm Site "Service Information" board https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Information/bd-p/ServiceStatus doesn't give any clues I don't think.  That board says (at the top) 'View our current Service Status' which also leads to a blank page.

Post https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Webstats-data-for-22-01-18/m-p/1510091/highlight/true#... 25/01/18 said

"The script is checked everyday but looked to be completing normally...The next process is where we fell down, we weren't publishing the data. We've now added monitoring of this process to the workflow to reduce chances of this going unnoticed again."

... so it's assumed PN know the Webstats run hasn't generated, and have this in hand?

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Webstats not generated

My stats are also missing. I hope your optimism that Plusnet are aware of the problem is justified. Tongue

The Service Status page shows the usual Email-amber state for me. However I think Service Information is the more suitable location for Plusnet to acknowledge the webstats issue.

David
kdiment
Rising Star

Me too. I noticed webstats were missing earlier and thought I would give PN a while to sort it but still no sign.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@spraxyt wrote:

My stats are also missing. I hope your optimism that Plusnet are aware of the problem is justified. Tongue

It's not, this is the first we've heard about it and I've just raised an incident to investigate it (to set expectations its low priority)If they tell me there's an issue then I'll of course update the Service Information Board but we obviously don't and can't post about things we're not aware of.

@Penny wrote:

"The script is checked everyday but looked to be completing normally...The next process is where we fell down, we weren't publishing the data. We've now added monitoring of this process to the workflow to reduce chances of this going unnoticed again."

We do check it every day, not necessarily in the morning but it is checked, it's also perfectly possible that the script can show its completed correctly but not be and our additional checks are of course only designed to "reduce the chances" of it it won't protect against issues we've not encountered before.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

@JonoH wrote:

this is the first we've heard about it and I've just raised an incident to investigate it

Thanks for that. However if Webstats haven't generated this would usually indicate that someone would need to start the run manually.

"Investigations" is all well and good, and some sort of explanation of what stopped the run generating/being-published, would be appreciated, in due course, however the priority right now is just to get Webstats run/output, so as not to lose 24h of data if tomorrow's run kicks in without this one having been sorted.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Webstats have now arrived here - breathtaking turn of speed.

Many thanks @JonoH for getting things moving so swiftly.

kdiment
Rising Star

Thanks for trying, but I now have just a few entries for 18/06/18 up to 05:16 and nothing after that, so almost the whole day's webstats are still missing,

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

My stats for 18/06.2018 arrived at 13:42. In my case entries through the day as normal.

David