Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Webspace usage missing

Still not fixed - how about some action
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's an internal problem that's being worked on, around half the customers affected are showing correctly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kdiment
Rising Star

My usage came back to normal, but has since gone to zero again. The fix was only temporary. Good to hear it is being worked on.
thejudge
Rising Star

Aye, mine's gone again too.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

not only is the used capacity missing but the outgoing usage is zero for all months
teebee30
Dabbler

I've had same problem since December and raised a ticket. PlusNet eventually said they'd resolved the matter, but it was a partial fix and has now returned.
I have 100Mb website space allocated and this was showing 87Mb used with just 13Mb free. But my web site has just 59 Mb of files loaded, and PlusNet checked and confirmed this to be the case.
After "curing" the problem it reverted to showing 87 Mb used.
Since then it has again gone back to showing 0% used and 100% free !!
PlusNet seem to have given up on the matter and just said that I will be notified if I exceed my allowance.
When I asked about the difference between 87 Mb and my 59Mb of files loaded I was told that the extra 28 Mb were being taken up by their Web Stats.
Rather surprised to find that my web stats are taking up around half the space needed by my 70 page site, including several hundred photos / slide shows. Can this really be correct ?Huh
Only solution offered is that I disable my Web Stats completely, which should apparently recover more space for expansion of my site.
But will it - or will I still find that my stats show Nil space used ? And then be without their stats (though I do have Google Analytics).
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

How is this looking for people now? Is it still broken?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

thejudge
Rising Star

Ooh! Mine's back again!  Smiley
Not sure it's right, though: I have a copy on my HDD which says it's about 150MB, whereas Webspace Usage says it's 206MB.
The last time I had this sorted out (a few years ago now), I was told that the difference was down to old log files, and that these wouldn't count towards my usage. Is this right? If not, is it possible to remove the log files (since I never use them)?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If you've raw logging enabled then the log archives are all in the /logs directory on your webspace.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

pengyou
Grafter

Still broken for my account.
When I checked a few minutes ago my webspace usage was reported as "0% used, 100% free" instead of something like "60% used, 40% free"
thejudge
Rising Star

Quote from: Bob
If you've raw logging enabled then the log archives are all in the /logs directory on your webspace.

That dir appears to be empty.
I've gone through all I have on the server and can only make it add up to about 148Mb. What could be taking the other 58Mb?
thejudge
Rising Star

Bump. Huh
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Can't see any reason for the discrepancy. Neither can I see you're still having problems @pengyou. I've asked our engineers to take another look, although it may be a while before they get round to it (ref: 89406).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

kdiment
Rising Star

Whatever it was nearly a year ago is back. My webspace usage is being reported as zero but I know it to be close to 200MB.