cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN not working

FIXED
laurak

Re: VPN not working

Hi BD - any chance of you helping me with something similar please? How do I get in touch with you directly? Thanks

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @laurak, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're also having VPN difficulties. I've seen and replied to your PM you've sent me in regards to the VPN issue you are experiencing and further information you could provide to hopefully help us get to the bottom of the VPN issue you're experiencing.

scottsudale

Hi,

I have recently moved from BT and am also now unable to connect to my VPN! My IP address also begins with 146... Could someone help me with this please?

scottsudale

Sorted now - Turned the router off for 15/20mins and I have a different IP address, everything connecting fine.

myca

I've just encountered the same problem.

Have been connecting to my works Sonicwall VPN since having plusnet installed without issue and today I keep getting kicked/not connecting. When tethered to my phone it's fine. It would be nice to get this sorted as I work from home at least twice a week and rely on being able to connect to our network.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @myca,

Please accept my apologies for the issues in connecting through your VPN.

After checking the connection logs, I can see that you followed scottsudale advice in power cycling the router for an new IP address to be assigned. Has this made a change in your VPN access?

If not, could you drop me a private message with the name of the company you are trying to connect to.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
myca

It has worked after power cycling the router.

Is there any way to avoid having the IP addresses that cause this issue, or would you just recommend having a static IP?

Cheers

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We'd not expect that to be a common problem so you might want to see how things go but if you do decide to go with a static IP we can arrange that for a one-off £5 fee. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lordzoot

Hi Adam,

I'm having a similar issue to posters above, with my VPN connection not working. It's been very frustrating today. I actually rang your technical support this morning and paid for a static IP, but I'm still having issues (these have been ongoing for a number of months, even though I never used to have problems). Actually, my whole internet went down until this evening forcing me to go into the office, but that may just be coincidence...!

The VPN I'm using is Cisco AnyConnect. The VPN will connect fine, but will not allow access to internet webpages once connected and seems to decide at random whether or not it'll actually allow me to access my emails or not in Outlook (although Skype connects OK). 

Can you assist? At the moment (19.20 this evening) I can't access Outlook again. This is becoming a serious problem, as I'm expected to work from home 2 days a week. If I can't work from home due to issues with PlusNet, I won't have an option but to switch suppliers, and I obviously don't want to do so if I can help it (particularly as I've just paid upfront for my line rental from you).

For reference, I know the issue is not with the VPN, as the roof terrace of my apartment block has free WiFi through another supplier, and that worked fine. 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @lordzoot,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your VPN using our service. I have checked your connection and there doesn't seem to be any external issue flagging up on our tests.

Are you experiencing an issue with your connection when you are not using the VPN?

If the issues are solely when you are connected via your VPN, please can you PM me the name of the your provider/ employer and we will take a look deeper at our side.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
dani1982

Hello Support Team

I'm having issues connecting to my work VPN as mentioned in a previous post. I've been working with my work IT support team and they are unable to resolve it. 

I've contacted the plusnet support team and I have been advised that they are unable to support VPN queries.

Looking at the plusnet forums I can see users have had a similar issue and the problem has been resolved resetting the IP address. 

Is someone able to help me with this please?

Thanks

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @dani1982,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues whilst trying to get your VPN to work. Typically, with VPN issues, there's a very limited amount of support that we can offer and so we can't guarantee that we'll be able to fix the problem ourselves. With that being said, I've made some changes today to change your IP Address and these should take affect once you reboot your router. I hope that this helps to resolve the problem and please let us know how it goes.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
dani1982

HI 

Thanks. That has fixed it!

I've have another work colleague that uses plusnet that is have the same issue. Could you let me know what you did so I can advise them what to ask for when raising a support call?

duffydeclan

Hi, I'm having the same problems connecting to work vpn. Rebooted router and worked briefly but same problem again now. I don't want to have to reboot my router numerous times each day. Please can you make these changes to my IP setup as well. Thanks!
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @duffydeclan, thanks for your post.

We're of course more than happy to move you from a dynamic IP to a static one, however, there is a one off charge of £5 for this service.

We've just sent you a ticket, accessible here, which we'll need you to respond to confirming if you'd like for us to add the service to the account.