Re: Usenet not working

fixed here without changing anything on my client side

thanks for all your help and efforts

greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That's an old version of Tbird.

Tbird has recently reconverged with Mozilla and is currently release 102.something,

This may or may not be related to experienced issues.

jab1
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 132

Totally the opposite @greygit - the ThunderBird project was initially created by the same group who created Firefox, but although it still uses the some core, it is now a separate project, and the current release is definitely 91.11.xx (depending on the OS you are using) - the M$ release may be a point ahead of the Ubuntu one, as Ubuntu carry out changes to integrate it.

John
gladman
Grafter

I am using ThunderBird on Windows and it says I am fully up to date when I ask to update it. 

jab1
Aspiring Legend

You will be fully up-to-date, @gladman TB default installation procedure puts you on an automatic update profile nowadays, in fact I think that what one of the changes introduced for long-time users back in the Mozilla days.

John
greygit
Rising Star

moz.jpg

jab1
Aspiring Legend

Ah, so it is a 'non-upgrade', i.e. direct download and as such, not essential for those on the last point release  version of 91, read the v102 release notes.

John
greygit
Rising Star

I'd be reasonably sure that the 9*. line is going to be withdrawn in the non-too-distant future. As far as I can ascertain it isn't offered as an immediate upgrade because there are (may be) various add-ons that could be uncompatible.

I got it when I flattened a system. There are security fixes (currently unexploited) in the 100 line which may not be implementable in the 90's.

jab1
Aspiring Legend

I wouldn't know about that - If you know anything about the Mozilla program range, you should know that they only offer the latest version on the website, but if for any reason (really old OS/personal choice/w.h.y.) you want to use n older version, they are still available via the '0ld Editions' on their site, or on oldversions.com .

You are correct in that it isn't an immediate update because of add-on compatibility, but the add-on authors will be aware of changes which may render them not  safe/difficult to transfer and will be addressing this.

John