and yes you can edit this too

DNS and other tools
https://www.sordum.org/8127/dns-angel-v1-6

Hosts
https://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
tweak14
Dabbler

Re: Safeguard won't stay enabled

It is easy to control internet sites accessed by a PC by a number of resources. You can also use OpenDNS to control internet traffic coming in, however if you can't change the DNS servers on a router (which if using a Plusnet router you can't) and can't change on a device (eg a Now TV stick), you can't control what children are doing.

SE
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

No one should use a ISP router if they can avoid it.

tr69 is on and as said you can't set a DNS

With adsl2/vdsl2 routers around £30 there's no point

You can even use an old PC as a filter and WiFi server but again routers are cheap.
draytek are good
Tplink cheap but work (just)
tweak14
Dabbler

It is nothing to do with whether you should use an ISP router or not, normal families will have signed up with no IT knowledge expecting an internet filtering server which Plusnet have.

SE
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It was a suggestion not a fight [-Censored-]

No safeguard is a pos and only worked for me with a old pn router not my none ISP one

Others can't get it to stay on with any router

Calm down life's short
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

@SE I suspect you may need to config your own router to use Safeguard DNS for it to work https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/about-dns-server-and-website-settings/#what-settings-should-i-us...

tweak14
Dabbler

Sorry @SE , not having a go at you - its more of the lack of service provided by Plusnet that should currently work on a Plusnet router. (Which it used to until this break).

tcj1971
Rising Star

Probably not, but the fact that the clock is wrong (now 1 hour behind) on the Hub One Router. Wonder if this is anything to do with Safeguard not working. Ours seemed to stop working when the clocks went forward at the end of March

Just a thick thought lol😀

adamskirton
Dabbler

Are you seriously saying the safeguard has not been working for over a year?!!

I only noticed ours just over a month ago!

steve440
Hooked

Just had this useless reply from plusnet

"Dear Mr Clough,

Thank you for your patience.

Our Incident Management team and products team how not reported back with any faults and issues. Any further investigation by them will be done on collating multiple reports of the same issue and no time scales can be given on this.

As we are not receiving multiple reports of this issue, they are not currently seeing a platform problem. I am sorry that this service is not operating as desired but as a value added extra we can offer no alternative other than to look at the independent home network management tools.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]"

This is unbelievable

Moderators Note: SA name removed as per Forum rules

tweak14
Dabbler

Just fobbing off different users with a variation of excuses. I'm gettng in touch with my MP next week, if this was a hospital system that had gone down - the IT Team would work together on all hours until the system was back. There is no urgency on protecting the content that can come into a house if the router cannot change the DNS server or the individual device doesn't allow changing the DNS.

Plusnet either firmware the routers to allow changing the DNS or correct this issue.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Do you mind PM'ing me that unredacted please so I can find out who has misinformed you, and why it's happened, please?

edit: Found it. Thanks

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
adamskirton
Dabbler

I agree ... this is outrageous.

In the future Plusnet could be fined millions for allowing this and not addressing this ... for the moment we need them to sort it immediately for the protection of many children let alone all us adults who don't want to stumble across this sort of material. 

Will be posting the letter to my MP shortly ... i know he will be deeply shocked and very supportive ... knowing him, he might even read some of it out in the House of Commons in due course ... that would get things moving Wink

Manger Keela who phoned back this morning, is clearly doing all she can to resolve this ... when it is sorted she deserves a promotion for taking the protection of families seriously. 

tcj1971
Rising Star

@steve440 They all should hang their heads in shame the lot of them. I am fuming how we the customers are getting treat here😠

@adamskirton This happened also in 2018/2019 and it took them 6 months to sort it. Exactly the same thing

That'll Do 😠

tweak14
Dabbler

@adamskirton, good shout on the letter/email to the MP. This is the only way and nobody is making any progress on this forum as we are all just getting different responses from Plusnet.