cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safeguard not working at all!

James1982

Safeguard not working at all!

Hi, I recently contacted PN to complain that I couldn't toggle safeguard on/off. The service wasn't available on my account. I was met with a message that read something like "Safeguard will be accessible once your broadband is up and running" even though I've been a customer for some time and have previously used safeguard with success.
Anyway, PN have now added the safeguard toggle on/off feature. However, it has absolutely no effect. It doesn't block anything. I have tried switching it on and off. Rebooting router. Blocking certain categories, certain sites. All to no avail.
PN doesn't seem interested and have said it's an on going issue. I don't believe this as I am not seeing many other folks posting about the same issue.
Any ideas anyone please?
66 REPLIES 66
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Safeguard not working at all!

Hi @James1982, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with Safeguard.

I can confirm this is a known issue, and I've made sure your account has been added to this list of affected accounts and we're working to resolve this as soon as possible.

I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
James1982

Thanks for the reply.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JasonH1

I've been having similar issues.  I have tried changing DNS Servers to the 'Plusnet Safeguard DNS Servers' as described in https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/about-dns-server-and-website-settings/ but like you all websites are still allowed.  Also, since enabling Safeguard about a week or so ago I've had to factory reset my router twice as the management page wasn't responding (I've never had to do that before) - not sure if this is related or not.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi JasonH1, sorry to see that's affected you too. I've added your details to the open incident too (IMT-2205) We'll do our best to update you as soon as we can. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JasonH1

Thanks.  Has the incident been open for several months now?  Is it affecting all users or just some?  I'm trying to establish whether it is worth persevering with Safeguard or whether I need to investigate another product - which would be a shame as I'll more than likely have to pay for for it.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @JasonH1, thanks for your post.

The issue has been ongoing for a few months now and doesn't seem to be affecting all customers.

We'll update you further as more information becomes available.

We're sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

James1982

Hi, was wondering if your safeguard was sorted yet?
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @James1982 

I'm afraid it's still the same information that @OskarPapa provided above at the moment. 

Apologies for the ongoing inconvenience. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

JasonH1

To avoid any confusion around the process, is someone able to outline the recommended steps for setting up Safeguard please?  I presume it will be something like.....

1. Enable Safeguard on the portal

2. Wait 2 hours

3. Restart router  (do we then need to change DNS settings on the router or should this be done automatically as a result of step 1)

4. Add a domain to the 'blocked' list on the portal.  Do we need to wait 2 hours for this to take effect?  Should this have been done before the restart in Step 3?  Is a router restart required?

Thanks

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting back in touch. See the below from the Safeguard FAQ which you can find here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/how-to-use-plusnet-safeguard/

Once your broadband service is ready, go to the Plusnet SafeGuard control panel and click the ON/OFF button at the top of the screen.

Next, switch your router off and on again. After 2 hours, Plusnet SafeGuard will start filtering content.

If you want to switch it off, follow the same steps and after 2 hours you'll be able to browse as normal.

Further information on blocking and other specifics can be found on the link above.

Best wishes

Dave

tcj1971
Rising Star

@JasonH1

You may have noticed that I am also suffering from Safeguard not working. I honestly do not think there is a fix otherwise it would have been done by now after all these many many months

A few weeks ago it started working straight away within a minute of adding a website to block on my Safeguard account but only for a week or so until it stopped working again. All this about my Safeguard account settings clashes with someone elses account is probably rubbish as far as I am concerned

I am absolutely furious how this has not been fixed yet...it is so amateurish, but meanwhile my kids and many other Plusnet users kids are able to see stuff on the internet that is not good for them

The Router I have been supplied by Plusnet...the Hub One is the only Router I have ever had from any Broadband Provider where you cannot change any settings

Matted68

I am having the same issues with Safeguard.

I logged this weeks ago and still no response.

Please add me to the list!

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Matted68 I am sorry to hear that you also have been affected by this issue.

I can see that you recently spoke with one of our advisors about this over the phone and they have since added your account to our Incident tracker. You will be updated accordingly when this issue has been resolved.

Thanks,