cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safeguard not working at all!

Matted68

Re: Safeguard not working at all!

My Safeguarding is still not working this was logged months ago and there is still not answers.

Plusnet Online chat was useless and just told me to look at alternative software.

Come on Plusnet give us some answers when you will sort this problem and start protecting our families?

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

@phgannon,

I've just dropped you a ticket via your account HERE which might offer a possible solution opposed to purchasing a 3rd party alternative.

@Matted68,

Can you advise if you're seeing the same issue as above. I'm assuming you have tried changing safeguard to 'on' and rebooting?

If this doesn't help, can you confirm if your current DNS settings match those in the guide:https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/about-dns-server-and-website-settings/

For safeguard the should be:

Primary     213.120.234.42
Secondary     213.120.234.42

phgannon
Dabbler

@Optimatts wrote:

@phgannon,

I've just dropped you a ticket via your account HERE which might offer a possible solution opposed to purchasing a 3rd party alternative.

Hi Matt

That's brilliant, thank you. Hopefully that's sort it out and it'll stop me from pulling any more of my hair out!

Thanks again

Patrick

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries @phgannon, let us know if this solves the problem 👍🏻

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Optimatts 

Is there anything sharable here please which might build common knowledge?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Townman wrote:
Is there anything sharable here please which might build common knowledge?

Not really, @Optimatts  has a hunch, I disagree with it. We're going to do both and see what works.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

A free replacement router, at a guess Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JonoH
Hero

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! @dvorak  I just don't think the DNS will auto change and instead think it's to do with a problem that we've recently closed as resolved. 

Jono H
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I may well have been barking up the wrong tree, regardless, I've added you both @Matted68 and @phgannon to the incident just in case.

JonoH
Hero

It never hurts to try different ideas, you might well be right yet Smiley 

Jono H
matias100

Nice to see its not just me struggling, since feb 8th ive had this logged as an issure on twitter (the only way i found to communicate with you) still unresloved, even after being sent a different router.

Most frustrating is that for me safegaurd used to work!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @matias100 

Sorry to see the new router didn't help. Sad I can see @Optimatts (Matt from over Twitter) has added your account to the ongoing incident IMT-2205 for further investigation.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
phgannon
Dabbler

@Optimatts wrote:

No worries @phgannon, let us know if this solves the problem 👍🏻

Hi Matt

Just to let you know that the new router turned up the other day.

When I swapped the old and new routers over, SG was already switched on (but not working). I let the new router "bed in" for a few hours before testing to see if SG was working. When I did eventually test SG, it didn't work.

So I left it for another couple of hours before testing it again - it still didn't work.

I then disconnected & reconnected the router by logging out & logging back in again to my account in the router's GUI, left it for a couple of hours, SG still didn't work.

So before I went to bed I turned SG off, then turned the new router off and back on again and left it overnight with SG switched off. When I got up the next morning I turned SG back on, turned the router off and on, left it for a few hours but SG still isn't working.

So I'm afraid that the new router hasn't rectified the situation at all.

BTW, I tried to put all this in a reply to Question #191256008 that you raised for me but there's no option to reply when I go to the web page.

I can't emphasize enough how crucial it is that I get SG working again so please do whatever you can to expedite this issue.

Many thanks in anticipation

Patrick

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

For safeguard they should be:

Primary     213.120.234.42
Secondary     213.120.234.42

Just to be clear about the detail, with SG switched on in your account settings, does the router report these as the WAN DNS addresses?

If "No" then the DHCP has not giving out the right DNS addresses for your account, without which, any SG settings you configure are never going to work.

If "Yes" then the problem is elsewhere.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

phgannon
Dabbler

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the DNS on my router's GUI and they're set to:

• Primary DNS: 212.159.6.9
  • Secondary DNS: 212.159.6.10

From this I can see that they've not been synced properly when I turned SG on. I do know that this is at the heart of the problem but without anyway of manually changing the DNS on the Plusnet Hub One router then I don't know what the answer is.

At this stage I just wanted to report back on here to Matt that the new router that he'd organised for me hadn't made any difference and I'm still having issues.

Patrick

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.