cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Secure connection warning message

Rocko
Dabbler

Non Secure connection warning message

Hi, I have noticed a warning on the address bar when I am using my PlusNet webmail account. This is a "Not secure HTTPS" warning that also indicates that there is a problem with the site's certificate and that some page content is not encrypted. Can anyone tell me if this is a big problem or if there is a fix? Many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Non Secure connection warning message

Hi there. We've tested this and the https seems to be working fine for webmail.

Do you experience this issue using a different browser and device?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Rocko
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf, I am using MS Edge browser with windows 10 OS version 1803 on a laptop. When the webmail loads initially no error is displayed on the address bar, this only appears when an email is selected. Does this help? Cheers Rocko.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Rocko,

Thanks for getting back to us. Please can you try both a different browser and device, and get back to us with the result.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

What sort of HTTPS warning are you seeing? If it's a mixed content warning like the one below, then that's to be expected if the email you've selected is calling remote images etc. over HTTP:

webmail.jpg

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Rocko
Dabbler

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply, the error is displayed on emails with remote images but I have also noticed it on others, the PlusNet community home page for example.

The error is : Be Careful here

Some content on this page is not encrypted, which makes it possible for others to see or change the information you share with this site.

The thing is I don't remember seeing this before.

What do you think?

Many thanks Rocko

Rocko
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf, sorry about the delay in my reply. I have had the same error displayed when I logged on with fire tablet using the silk browser "Your connection to this site is not fully secure" Does this pose a threat of any kind? Many thanks

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Rocko wrote:

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply, the error is displayed on emails with remote images but I have also noticed it on others, the PlusNet community home page for example.

The error is : Be Careful here

Some content on this page is not encrypted, which makes it possible for others to see or change the information you share with this site.

It will happen on the Plusnet Community Site for a similar reason i.e. if somebody is using a remotely hosted HTTP image for their avatar. That said, https://community.plus.net is not showing warnings for me at the moment when using MS Edge?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵