Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPSTAG change request pending

FIXED
PhilTheHill
Hooked

IPSTAG change request pending

On Monday morning, I called 0800 432 0200 as instructed on the 'Manage your domains' webpage to change the IPSTAG on my personal domain for transfer out. (I had already initiated the domain transfer with the receiving ISP.)

On Monday evening I checked the status of this request and found it seems to have been registered as a broadband fault!

I supplied additional information repeating the required details for the domain transfer but the request seems to have entered a daily 'ping-pong' between the support team and 'Plusnet Robot' without anybody actually bothering to read the update.

Could one of the team members with knowledge of the domain transfer process please have a look at this request and, if necessary, give it a kick in an appropriate direction.

Thanks for your assistance with the request.

Kind regards, Phil

10 REPLIES 10
iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: IPSTAG change request pending

If it doesn't get picked up quickly it is possible to do it yourself directly with nominet https://www.nominet.uk/domain-support/

PhilTheHill
Hooked

Thanks for the nominet suggestion but as my domain is still working ok with Plusnet, I'll keep that option in reserve for the time being. I am keeping my broadband with plusnet so will give them a chance for their processes to work through.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @PhilTheHill,

I've pushed this through to our NetOps team for you. Once they've transferred your domain, you may need to accept the transfer and then update the DNS records at the receiving registrar's side.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PhilTheHill
Hooked

HI Gandalf

Thanks for looking at this. Much appreciated.

I've already transferred three domains to the receiving registrar so I think I understand their processes now.

This is the first domain I've transferred from Plusnet but unfortunately it's our main domain for email so I was hoping for a smooth/quick transfer. email via the domain is still working and we have backup email arrangements in place but still a bit nervous until it's complete.

Thanks again, Phil

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem. Expectation-wise, the domain should be transferred within 3 working days, but can vary depending on how busy the team is. With any luck, it should be done by early next week for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PhilTheHill
Hooked

Hi Gandalf

Thanks for the heads-up on the likely transfer date.

I had hoped to get it done this week but the delay's not a problem, more that I need to be around when it does take place in order to provision the new email server.

Regards, Phil

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @PhilTheHill

Your domain should be transferred to your new registrar now. If you can let me know once you've changed the nameservers to your new provider's, I'll update your account's records to reflect we're no longer hosting it.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@PhilTheHill wrote:

Hi Gandalf

Thanks for the heads-up on the likely transfer date.

I had hoped to get it done this week but the delay's not a problem, more that I need to be around when it does take place in order to provision the new email server.

Regards, Phil

You ought to be able to provision the new email server any time it suits you - before or indeed after the change of registrar.  Changing the registrar DOES NOT change the name server.  Until the name server is changed, Plusnet's name server will still be used and your email will just keep on working with Plusnet.  Changing registrar and changing hosting are not conjoined.

@MisterW is the guru on this stuff!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhilTheHill
Hooked

Hi Gandalf

The domain has now been migrated and email is all up and running.

Thanks for you assistance with this change.

Regards, Phil

PhilTheHill
Hooked

Hi Townman

My new registrar/email host did not appear to permit any configuration until the domain was active but I was around to provision the domain when the transfer took place so minimal downtime.

Thank you for your advice.

Regards, Phil