cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Reverse DNS Request

FIXED
colnebridge81

Another Reverse DNS Request

Have spoken with the telephone support to request a Reverse DNS entry to be set up to be initially told: what I don't think we do that, to then yes but you need to let us know your A Record settings to then No We Don't Do That For Residential Customers.

Having a look at some of the other requests on here it seems it is possible but how do I go about getting it actioned.

Previously had it configured when I had a Plusnet Business account on the line.

Moved from a Plusnet business account to a residential one as I no longer needed the business connection at home and they are doing away with them to boot.

I've got a fixed IP configured and setup with a forward DNS record, I just need the reverse one configuring to prevent various services from chucking a wobbly.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 425

Re: Another Reverse DNS Request

The problem is that domain hosting and static IP's are legacy stuff and not many of the front line CSC know about them.

Im sure one of the Help Team will be along shortly, they'll likely raise a 'ticket' to which you can reply confirming the requested RDNS change and they will then put that request through to Netops.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 481

Fix

Evening @colnebridge81 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had these issues.

If you can drop me a PM with the details of what you want it updating to I'll get it sorted

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
colnebridge81

Many thanks for your help in sorting this out for me.