cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transfer from Plusnet - help please.

FIXED
billedwards

Domain transfer from Plusnet - help please.

Hi, hoping that someone who knows about these things can help (@Gandalf  @bobpullen - apologies for the direct contact but am struggling to get any traction or even an update and I see that you've both successfully helped others with domain transfer problems).  I requested a transfer out of the domain edwardsit.co.uk from IPStag FORCE9 to UK2NET 14 days ago (original question ref: 217829003).  That request was routed to the NetOPS team apparently.  I called the support desk after a week and a couple of times since. Each time, they can't provide me with an update as it is locked to the original support agent, so they open a new question and apologise for the delay.

Please could someone take a look at this and advise if the original request is with the right team at least - I understand from other posts that this should take about 3 days end to end.

Thanks in advance, Bill

22 REPLIES 22
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Domain transfer from Plusnet - help please.

Fix

Thanks for your post @billedwards and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see we've not transferred your domain out to your new provider yet. From what I can see the agent who originally raised a task with the relevant team hadn't included the correct details so the request couldn't be actioned, so I've arranged for feedback to be passed on regarding this.

I've now raised the request again and I'll ensure your domain is transferred as soon as possible.

This should be within 3 working days at the latest.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
billedwards

@Gandalf Fantastic - thank you so much.  I had a feeling something had perhaps gone wrong with the original request.

billedwards

Less than an hour and the change is made - thanks again

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Awesome! No problem @billedwards 

Really sorry again for how long we've taken since you've first asked us to make the change. 

Let me know if there's ever anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Simtech
Dabbler

Trying to find away to contact someone about moving our domain and was advised to post on here?  I need to move my domain out from plus net, can someone help?

R Yates
Tags (1)
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Simtech, thanks for getting in touch. We can certainly assist with this for you!

I have created a ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219480537 if you can please just reply on the ticket with the requested details (and give us a nudge on here once done) we will get that picked up and the request raised for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Simtech
Dabbler

Hi

Having major issues with PN emails since i requested this.

I have put a couple of notes on the ticket and need it to be actioned and instigated now if possible ASAP please?

R Yates
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Simtech,

Some customers are unable to access their Plusnet email at the moment. We’ve identified what’s causing this, and we’re working to fix this as quickly as possible. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused. Some of this work will be competed overnight, to avoid any additional disruption, and we expect affected customers to be able to access their Plusnet email account by tomorrow morning.

Plusnet broadband and mobile services are not affected.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Simtech
Dabbler

Hi Lauren

Thank you i had spoken to someone by phone this morning and had already been advised of this as well.

R Yates
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Ah fair enough @Simtech

We're hoping to have it sorted by tomorrow. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Simtech
Dabbler

Do you know when the nameserver change is likely to take place?

R Yates
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @Simtech

Thanks a lot for reaching out again. As per @LaurenB 's email, we ideally need the IPS tag of your new host in order to initiate the domain transfer. Please give us a nudger on here once you've updated the Ticket with the IPS tag, we'll then get this raised to our NetOps team to process the domain transfer out.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Simtech
Dabbler

Hi

I need the MX record transferred first in order to maintain our email, i did put the Nameservers for them to be changed to on the support ticket already?

R Yates
Simtech
Dabbler

Comment added to the ticket re the MX record change

R Yates