cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Could not connect to database'

giraffeandtiger
Grafter

'Could not connect to database'

I am getting the following error cropping up using a phpBB2 forum on my plusnet ccgi webspace - it seems to happen every one in three attempts to do something requiring access to my database.
phpBB : Critical Error
Could not connect to the database

Does anyone know why this happens?
Thanks,
Alan
54 REPLIES 54
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: 'Could not connect to database'

What database server are you accessing: Rumpus or Humbug?
Has this only started happening recently i.e. has your forum been working fine up until now or is this a new install you are testing?
Merrick
Grafter

i installed my forum last weekend and have had this excat same problem since monday
im on rampus
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, we've had a few hiccups with rumpus getting very close to the limit and causing this type of error. We have an internal problem raised, if we get a lot more reports we can up the priority of it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Yep, we've had a few hiccups with rumpus getting very close to the limit and causing this type of error. We have an internal problem raised, if we get a lot more reports we can up the priority of it.

There's been a few reports of it scattered around other threads if I remember correctly. Just so you know Tongue
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've been dashing around a bit today, I'm going gather the examples of them as I come across them now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ade
Dabbler

I have the same problem too. Happening on a frequent basis according to my forum users. There is nothing at all on the status pages so i'll raise a ticket.
ffupi
Grafter

Same problems noted today.
Did not connect to MySQL due to database error. Page reloaded and this time connected.
Happened with two entirely different php-programs.
ffupi
Grafter

Anyone else having this problem, or is it only us few?Huh

When I surf to my page, the first message is:

Database Error
The current username, password or host was not accepted when the connection to the database was attempted to be established!

Only after several attempts does the page then display.
It had never been that bad before - incredible! Why is there a problem? Is rumpus that slow???

Embarrassed Cry

richardwilko

My database is rumpus and my site is extremely slow too
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

I think PlusNet may need to buy another hamster for the rumpus server Tongue
james_pask
Hooked

Hello
I'm also on Rumpus and use my server for testing database applications such as Joomla, WordPress etc.
I suspected that my database might be corrupted or something but if others are having the same issue then it must be server related as opposed to just me.
Do the PlusNet staff suggest we raise tickets or will the evidence of a problem be gathered here?
Regards
James
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Do raise a ticket as it will be more evidence that PN need to do something to solve the problem.
ade
Dabbler

Still no sign of a problem on the Status pages and my ticket is still open from last week.
Why don't PlusNet acknowledge the problem on the Status page?
Merrick
Grafter

I raised a ticket on this on thursday and was told they did a server reboot and everything should be fine.
Over the weekend everything has been fine, great, working a treat but this morning im getting database access errors again  Embarrassed
I only just closed the ticket, guess i'll open a new one.