Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying ‘courtesy call’ from Plusnet??

FIXED
Rich28
Dabbler

Annoying ‘courtesy call’ from Plusnet??

Earlier today I had an unexpected call on my mobile, and the guy explained it was a courtesy call from Plusnet to find how things were going, given I’m a new customer. I was busy with work at the time so was hoping he would be brief, but he then bombarded me with a series of security questions. My mind was elsewhere, as I said this was an unexpected call, and the timing wasn’t good, so was unable some of these. I tried to explain things, but the guy just put the phone down on me. Not good at all.

Perhaps this was a hoax caller from someone trying to steal my personal details, though if it really was from PlusNet I’m hoping for a better level of service going forward!!

9 REPLIES 9
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Annoying ‘courtesy call’ from Plusnet??

Plusnet phoning you ...........must be a hoax.

Plenty of people on the forum with problems who would only be to pleased if plusnet phoned them !

Smiley

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Rich28
Dabbler

thanks for your message @gleneagles.  Strange then that the guy knew I was customer of PlusNet.  Has there been a security breach at your end?? 

Rich28
Dabbler

...and just to add the guy called from '0114 307 3836' which I now realise belongs to PlusNet's Customer Options team - 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Calls-from-0114-307-3836/td-p/1371384/page/9

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @Rich28,

I'm sorry to hear that you found this annoying, as this certainly wasn't our intent! Obviously we'll need to work on how we need to handle these courtesy calls in  the future so as not to call at inconvenient times or bombard you with unexpected security questions. I'll pass feedback onto the relevant people about your experience and if there's anything else we may be able to assist with then please don't hesitate to get back in touch so we can lend a helping hand.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Rich28
Dabbler

thanks @TheMightyAJ

I don't want to make a big deal about this and in a sense I should have appreciated the call and PlusNet's security measures to protect my identity.  Perhaps, as a suggestion, could future such calls start with the caller saying: "Is now a convenient time?"

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Do not give any security details to anyone who calls you, whoever they may claim to be!  If PN want to know whether you are happy with the service, they can just ask you a yes/no question.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

If someone phones you and asks you to go through security you should refuse because it is most likely a scam. I would advise just saying no.

Some years ago, I had a call from Natwest and I was asked to go through security. I think that the call was probably genuine but I refused and then rang Natwest to complain and they agreed that I was right.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

If i get a call like that i just ask them to add a ticket to confirm they are who they say they are, then if the ticket is there i call them and go from there. 

DaveCW
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Due to the amount of people trying to get your details I NEVER give any information if a company has called me, I won't confirm or deny anything. I just tell them if it is important please put it in writing and I will contact you back when I know what it is about.