cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't send emails

ET1

can't send emails

I suddenly, today, can't send emails from my computer and get a message saying check smtp settings.  Does anyone have any ideas why this would have happened?  I have tried to ring plus net but they are not answering calls

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: can't send emails

@ET1 

A warm welcome to the forums.

Did you get a resolution to this issue?  Sorry that it has not been responded to here - the staff are under a great load - and no other customer has picked this up.

Assuming that passwords are correct, that you have a working internet connection, the most likely cause is that you IP address has been associated with SPAM activity and has therefore been black balled.  Such does not mean that YOU are responsible for the spam, rather that some previous user of that dynamic address was.

You can try to 'resolve' this by powering down the router for two hours and then turn it back on.  That should ensure that you are allocated a new dynamic IP address, which hopefully will be clean.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.