cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous email failures

adriana

Simultaneous email failures

Anyone else been having trouble with their email? Mine broke yesterday afternoon and support have been unable to fix it. I set a limit of 24 hours on acceptable downtime. So in another 9 hours and 13 minutes I am demanding either a fix or a MAC
Any recommendations for more reliable ISPs?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 9 hours 13 minutes to MAC

Having seen your post above, I just tested my own Plusnet account, and was able to send and receive without issue.
However I would recommend "1&1 Instant Mail" for a thoroughly reliable email service with properly secure logins and no issues with access on mobile devices.
If you have an independent email account (i.e. not the one provided by your ISP), you can choose to have your own unique domain name for your emails such as "email@adriana.me.uk" or "adriana@your-surname.me.uk".  Have a look at "Domains" to see what is available.
Having your own domain name for your emails and using an independent email provider, makes it much easier to change ISP as you don't get trapped into using the ISP provided email names which you would otherwise have to go around changing, if you ever left.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

*edit* Just read over the account, it seems to be an issue with the address you're using to send from. The domain has no MX records set.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Bob's taking a look and will update your ticket shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Unless I'm overlooking something this is nothing to do with us. It's a problem with the DNS records for your domain and these are looked after by a third party. I'd suggest approaching them about the problem. I've provided some extra detail in my reply to your support ticket that you can pass onto them.
Let me know if you need anything clarifying.
Edit: just noticed that the domain registration has probably recently been renewed. I wonder if it's this that's triggered the problem?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

adriana

2 domains simultaneously broken.
Web mail broke too.
mail direct to my plus mailboxes was broken but is working now

8 hours 18 minutes
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I've explained why you're unable to send from one of your domains above. If you can update your support ticket to advise me of the other then I'll happily take a look at that one too. If you're wanting to cancel your account or request a MAC then you'll need to follow the process outlined here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

webmail.plus.net works fine for me - What URL are you using?
Have you seen Bob's reply - How have you diagnosed your problem as being Plusnet's fault rather than your domain registrar?
What domain are you using for email?
adriana

It looks like there was a coincidence of simultaneous independent failures of both my domains, and possibly a 3rd issue with my plus mailbox.
I am pursuing the issues with my domains, but it looks like the plusnet problem, if there was one, has gone away.
Thanks, those who replied.