Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

mikkinnotts
Hooked

Re: Problems with Webmail

@Anonymous @artmo

I'm not getting  captcha prompt now I think it was just for a wee while!

Just usual [-Censored-] 'Login Failed' 'Service Unavailable'  Also getting same on my tablet now.

I just wish I had used my gmail account for arranging a gig next week, but too sodding late now.

Wasted loads of time today, bloody Plusnet, Webmail, Squirrelmail whatever it is bloody useless!!! 

AngryMikk AngryAngry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I've see by your stats you're still ranked as new so that would explain the captcha. But the URL I use works most of the time, without error, but today's been very different never had these "Service unavailable" messages before now.

Mav
Fixes: 515

I have occasionally seen the captcha in Webmail but not getting it now but have got the Service unavailable error,.

@Anonymous

I am quite certain that the capture in Webmail will have nothing to do with forum ranking.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mav - Are you sure? I'll stand corrected in my orthopaedic slippers but I thought that was put in place by @jaread83 to prevent spamming, but maybe I've got it wrong.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@Anonymous, there is a captcha for the community PM functions but this thread is about webmail which isn't something I have any control over.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Mav

@Anonymous

That was implemented within the forum for PMs and nothing to do with Webmail.

Edit: jaread83 beat me to it

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Mav

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mav - Are you sure? I'll stand corrected in my orthopaedic slippers...

Picture pleaseTongue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mav -I need to buy them first! Grin

Oops, I thought I was being funny, I've just googled and they do actually exist!

mikkinnotts
Hooked

@Mook "Yes, I've see by your stats you're still ranked as new so that would explain the captcha"

Incorrect

@Mav "I am quite certain that the capture in Webmail will have nothing to do with forum ranking."

Correct

I have used Webmail for years, come to Community Page very rarely.

At least I have a Red Squirrel

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

It seems like webmail Is spawning into different nightmares for different users I asked this question but received no response I will try again  I paid PN for a domain name for my business wasn't cheap by any standard can I move my domain name to another e mail client or am I locked into this nightmare ? Anybody know as I have tried to contact customer services and keep getting a ridiculous wait time that is something else new maybe PN are just getting too big for themselves now as customer service many moons ago was very good ?

ChrisDancer
Grafter

@Rising Star: Yes that's possible. My domain was alreay being hosted by a different company and I recently found out that it has its own webmail service, so I'm now using that instead of the PN one, which I'm very pleased about. PN is just my broadband provider now, and after this debacle I may look elsewhere when I get time.

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Webmail and customer service are just 2 of the ongoing problems that customers are experiencing with no real improvement in either. Furthermore PN never provide satisfactory answers to when improvements can be expected.

I know Andy Baker reads the forums. Maybe it's time he faced up to his customers and gave them answers.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

If Andy Baker reads these forums ,,,,  I think he would be Ashamed to show his face Lips_are_sealed
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
colintivy
Rising Star

A new phenomenon found today (on top of all the usual)! I had to try to get on to this service (?)as usual  and I kept getting Server not Found ..check spelling! I click on the site graphic to access you which always gets it right!! I did try to type the address several times before and eventually here we are!!

Things do seem to be getting worse!!

colintivy
Rising Star

See posts 53 & 4 above