cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Sanctified
Dabbler

Re: Problems with Webmail

I use a mail client set to imap, and its "relay.plus.net" that fails to respond.

moemoff
Grafter

Webmail performs badly with Plusnet ..I use Outlook for work and put the settings in Mail on Ipad. Works smoothly for receiving and sending. I use POP/SMTP. Given up on webmail itself as it rarely functions correctly.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Hang on a minute all these what we should be doing and we should be using this and that but this wasn't like this when I started with Pnet everything was fine it seems like the last few months to a year I have had major problems and why should I do this and do that this shouldn't be necessary with any e mail service so why should we compromise with a service that is bad they may be solutions to avoiding the problem but the problem shouldn't be there in the first place Any other so called free e mail ( although I still don't agree it is free) don't have these problems so why should we put up with it. I am locked into Pnt with my domain name that I paid Pnet for does anyone know if I can move to another e mail service and retain my domain name as quite frankly I am fed up to the back teeth with this service.

artmo
Aspiring Champion

I use Thunderbird on POP3 and it works fine. I've never liked webmail and only used it in an emergency.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Anoush - you wrote : 

We are still working on bringing the webmail service back to the expected standard.

This matter has been going on for many months now. Perhaps you could enlighten us on the forum with information as to whether Plusnet actually know what the problem is but can't find a solution, or is it that they don't even know what the problem is in the first place! A little more information would be helpful, plus a time scale for returning the service to what it was like a year or two ago..

ChrisDancer
Grafter

@PeeGee

"Though the service should be better with a business account."

I have a business account, the webmail service is equally bad, It just means you can get through to someone who doesn't know what the problem is faster.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Den , I don't believe they want to fix it , or them upstairs can't afford time to spare on this problem.
That's why staff keeping suggesting a alternative imap software,
Hoping customers will stop complaining!!!!!!
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
colintivy
Rising Star

Some time ago I posted here (?) the fact that when I tried to use Webmail on a Sunday it worked without any problem (!!!). Since then I have had the same sort of difficulties as others. I accumulated a series of incoming emails and only got as far as deleting a few adverts etc., the list grows relentlessly. Yesterday I tried again (Sunday) ] and the short span of more or less proper Service was evident until it all fell apart with Service Unavailable etc. I reloaded Webmail, more in hope than reason, but to my delight it all worked and stayed working from then on!. This allowed me to clear and action all my backlog of important emails and I know that a "Sunday Effect" could well be a help for us to get on with life and the technical bodies to effect the long awaited permanent cure. This hope is only valid if Pn is not in the throes of knocking off Webmail all together, which would be a great shame.

colintivy
Rising Star

Further to my last, Today's performance is back to useless I can sadly confirm!

KnuppelAngryTicked_off

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It's dire this morning - Service Unavailable most of the time

mikkinnotts
Hooked

What the hell is going on with Webmail. It's driving me nuts!!! We now have a Capitcha to enter, which then says

Service Unavailable. I really need my mail to be working today! Seriously annoyed!!! AngryAngry

SeServiveplusproblems.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikkinnotts - What URL are you using to get that? I'm using this:

https://webmail.plus.net/squirrelmail/src/login.php

And I see no captcha, just a vanilla login screen.

mikkinnotts
Hooked

@Anonymous

I was using 

https://webmail.plus.net/?_task=logout

in Chrome & Explorer

Changing it to your link, but just getting 'Service Unavailable' at the mo.

Interestingly using my tablet with 'Puffin' I can get in.

Just annoyed can't use my laptop, had loads of stuff to do today.

Mikk 

artmo
Aspiring Champion

I've just tried to see what @mikkinnotts was seeing and I'm taken to squirrelmail. Didn't that one disappear some time back or is that what we are now using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried your URL @mikkinnotts, but I got no captcha prompt! Also once I logged in the screen is totally screwed up, I guess it doesn't like FF on iMac, but IMSMC this is why I'm using the Squirrel mail version, I have a recollection of seeing this before.