Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

neilhobbs
Rising Star

Re: Problems with Webmail

@NorthLondonAndy wrote:

@neilhobbs I am not here to defend Plusnet, (in fact I have cancelled my service and am moving to a different ISP).  I understand and share your frustration with the email service, but having run a first line helpdesk in the past (for some bespoke software, not for an ISP) I know that there are times when helpdesk staff won't know how long it is going to take to fix something.  Indeed nobody may know if they haven't identified the cause of problems yet.

So don't take out your frustration on support staff. If they could tell you when all will be working fine i am sure they would.  You have the ability to take your custom elsewhere if you are not happy.

I used to work on a Helpdesk many years ago, so I know what is going on.  I'm also in the process of migrating away from PlusNet, as they aren't providing a secure TLS-protected e-mail system - that's being going on for years, with no progress.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@neilhobbs I appreciate your frustration and understand your point of view about Webmail, we're doing everything we can behind the scenes to fix the problem but I know this is of little help to those of us who cannot access their mails.

However generic you feel the responses are I can assure you that a great deal of time goes into them as we naturally want to give as much information as we are able without setting false or unrealistic expectations.

As for @MattyC treating customers with contempt nothing could be further from the truth, Matty has taken to posting in this thread as often as he is able trying to assist our customers in retrieving their emails.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
neilhobbs
Rising Star

@JonoH Thank you for replying on this...  We need to have a better service from yourselves...  we aren't receiving a service at the present.  I only use the Webmail service during the day, when I am in a customer's office and its just not working.  I use Outlook 2016 in the IMAPv4 configuration when at the hotel in the evening and that just about works.

@MattyC should be providing a much better service that he is at the moment...  if he is taking a very much of a 'hard stance', baiting me and not providing Customer Service.  It's beyond belief that someone in his position would talk to a customer like he is.  If he isn't willing to help, he should find someone who is willing to...

I am an IT Solution Architect and I know what you are doing or not doing...  You need to provide updates so that customers know what are doing - this is a basic ITIL process.

PlusNet need to provide a much better service and this is another reason of why you are losing many customers.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

What is wrong with the subscription to this thread. I am not subscribed. Can not unsubscribe and am inundated with repeat emails!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@neilhobbs - You have done exactly what I said would happen in message 445, and commented on that fact that a repeat of the previous message is not acceptable, but if nothing has changed what else can be said. I appreciate your frustration, but I see no point in making an update when nothing has actually changed.

If you see a post has been made and you read it only to find out nothing has changed to me at least it would be even more disappointing, than no update. This is my thinking at least, what else can I say.

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I had 58 e mails since mid day in my in box 50 of them were about this bleedin thread. I am now removing myself from this thread as I don't want all these e mails constantly clogging up my inbox. I have given up as things have improved a little still have some issues but have lost the will to live now and will be changing everything when I can find the time to do it. Goodbye

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Errr Just one thing before I go how do I unthread myself doesn't seem to be any way to not get these notifications I am also getting them about BT Sport now which has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I am not trapped in this nightmare forever am I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I unchecked the e mail when I get a reply but not sure if that will stop them Huh

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

I think if you go to your Preferences in Settings you can turn notifications off which'll stop them.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Thanks  Done it lets see what happens...

neilhobbs
Rising Star

I have just had to sit through hours of PlusNet employees lying, being difficult, obstructive and down right rude on Facebook...  Once I said I was logging a complaint against the employees they stopped...  I'm logging a complaint against them before I go to sleep...

I am really amazed just how [-Censored-] and disgusting PlusNet are treating customers...

bazzer
Pro

Where are all these facebook posts? All I see on their page is the good morning and goodnight posts. 

neilhobbs
Rising Star

Have a look under the Visitor's Post section...

bazzer
Pro

Do I have to be a friend? I'm not seeing anything other than what I said earlier. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @neilhobbs

I'm sorry to hear you feel I was lying, being difficult, obstructive and down right rude on Facebook.

Although I do appreciate my responses may not have been the answers you were hoping to hear, they were accurate.

As I advised after a few responses on Facebook, there is unfortunately nothing further I can say on the matter at this time.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
neilhobbs
Rising Star

Over the last few days, I have found all PlusNet employees that I have spoken with on Chat on here are unhelpful, rude treat customers with distain...  It is unacceptable for a person in a Customer-facing role to speak to customers in the manner that I have been spoken to...

I am also amazed that after this time, the Webmail service is still not fixed and customers are being kept in the dark...  What are you doing to resolve this issue?  It is a simple question and everyone on here has refused to answer that simple question...

If people through all of the Visitor posts on Facebook (you don't need to be a friend), you can see the endless complaints from customers where the either the technical service is substandard, PlusNet employees are rude, leave customers on hold for 45 mins and even put the phone down on customers...  It seems that this is the standard approach in how to deal with customers.

The Webmail service is still practically unusable.  As my web browser has prompted me 10 times in the last 20 mins that it is unable to obtain the revocation information for the '*.plus.net' wildcard certificate.  This causes the whole browser to become unusable and crash, so all of my tabs crash.  Why are you unable to sort this issue out?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules