cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Webmail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Problems with Webmail

I most certainly do @rongtw, and for the record my thoughts as regards the 'issue' are pure supposition.

artmo
Aspiring Champion

@madmax1968 wrote:

Mav showing his true colours now hey mucker!

And what true colours would they be then? According to your stats you have only been registered on the forums for 2 days so perhaps it would be sensible to check your facts.

Our mods are simply PN customers like you and me. They do not get paid and do not get any privileges from PN.

annthomasltd
Rising Star

"Our mods are simply PN customers like you and me. They do not get paid and do not get any privileges from PN."

Let's hope so, cos I've just emailed DWP suggesting they look into PN mods re taxable earnings and benefits.

STILL leaving a distressed woman, in limbo without any contact, with a disabled husband reliant on email to communicate about his well being. She won't know how to get around PN tech issues unless you lot show a conscience and make some effort.

Sleep easy won't you?

madmax1968
Grafter

DWP dont bother with there admin are useless!

madmax1968
Grafter

PN fell out with BT a while back but this is not an issue right now just a server that is not serviceable but PN are just happy to rake in new customers and overloading the system

colintivy
Rising Star

Hi Fellow sufferers!

I have actually have a working email service at last, with no interruptions of any significance. My Inbox had 81 accumulated emails of all types and I have emailed a friend in Tasmania apparently successfully. Let us hope that this is a sign of real progress! Long may it last!

Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s good news @colintivy maybe we can get this thread back topic, as some of the recent posts are moot and puerile at best.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Just tried Webmail. Managed to log in, but the inbox is showing as empty.

Logged out tried squirrelmail and inbox has emails. First time I've seen them since Tuesday morning in any version of webmail.

So work in progress.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
madmax1968
Grafter

Still no loading emails here it is just like I and a few others have said it cant cope with a sudden overload so i will yet again open emails at 2.30am like I have been the last 4 days! Good luck PN sinking ship

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I feel like a lot of negativity is unfairly being fired at our mods at the moment. They're only doing their (payless) job and trying to keep things tidy.

I'm really sorry if you're all still finding problems with webmail. Our engineers are constantly working to fix this, and the time and devotion they're putting in to fix this is crazy.

I have spent a good 7 hours on the phone today speaking with customers, and the feedback we seem to be getting is that things are improving and that webmail is becoming more accessible again. Granted, it was unusable earlier this week.

Let me assure you that whilst it'd be unfair of me to give you a timescale for a fix, we're really doing all we can.

Feel free to direct any further comments towards staffers and we'll do all we can. I'll still be here for a good hour and a half, and I'll be around tomorrow from 9am, so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I for one Agree the mods do a sterling job here Thumbs_Up

But i have to ask , the service status says PN have added more memory to the Servers ,, How likely is this to have fixed the issue ?
If not what would be the next course of action ?
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
madmax1968
Grafter

Matty in all fairness your updates have no guarantee it will be fixed and your Engineers quite rightly should be working flat out to bring this problem to a swift conclusion that has been going on for over a month! Appreciate the update from a PN adviser

FernandoR
Dabbler

Improving Matty???  It is not working now.   It has been poor for months.  Why has drastic action not be taken like a new system long ago.    We have been getting little info on what is going on and a rate of one report every 24 hours.   Can senior management come on here and comment???   Deffo worse after the so called maintenance was done.    

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@rongtw- Unfortunately, we don't think that it's a single issue causing the problem. As a result, a single change won't fix it. However, the people I've spoken with today have said that they have seen improvements.

@madmax1968- I am purposely not guaranteeing a fix or a timescale. Apologies for that.

@FernandoR - That's contrary to the feedback I've had, though that doesn't mean I don't believe you. Sorry to hear that it's not improving for you. I don't really think it's a case of have someone senior commenting, as we're saying all that we can in terms of the issue. Agree with your last sentence btw

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Emails now viewable in full webmail client.

Edit: And ten minutes later the emails are gone again. Just an empty folder in full webmail.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT