Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password prompt

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Password prompt

keep getting this on one of my accounts / mailboxes, but strangely not on other mailboxes on the same account.
Also happening with my daughters mailbox using the same account on another machine.
Started yesterday and hoped would go away or get fixed but still doing it today.
Error reports:
Task 'Mailboxname - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR Temporary problem, please try again later'
Using outlook 2010 on win7
p/w is correct
Is it a refresh mailbox job or something?
Thanks
PT
5 REPLIES 5
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Re: Password prompt

Still getting this although not with every collection. A mate miles away with another plusnet account is getting the same thing. sort it please plusnet.
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

got them on the phone and its a known problem being worked on
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's only just been raised as a problem internally, we're working on it.
FYI it's problem 65488
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Should now be fixed, there was an issue with one of the mail servers. We've taken it out of service and the errors have stopped.
If anyone sees this happening again please post on here to let us know, thanks.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Chris, been happening
I reported this problem yesterday in another thread. Is it significant that it was also happening when accessing Gmail accounts, but only when accessed through a PlusNet account.
It has been happening for a couple of months now with one of my referrals.