cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting answer from PlusNet re potential email compromise

aeneareid
Rising Star

Not getting answer from PlusNet re potential email compromise

Last week I received an email from PlusNet saying that their Monitoring had flagged up my email account as possibly having been compromised. The message claimed that they believed spam was being sent from my account and suggested that I change the account password.

I responded asking for further details as I wish to ascertain the nature of the compromise and have some details of the content of the spam emails and the IP addresses being used to send emails. I have seen nothing other than the message from PlusNet saying that they think I may have been compromised and, having checked my PC and other computers connected to my home network, have found no incursions.

PlusNet responded saying that they didn't need me to investigate, just to change my password. But that's not good enough. I wish to have more details of the evidence they have that my account has been compromised. I replied to this effect last weekend but, as yet, have had no reply.

In the past I have found these user forums useful for prodding PlusNet support into replying and am hoping this may be the case again.

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Not getting answer from PlusNet re potential email compromise

Why not just log into your account through a web browser, not a reply tab in the email and change your password?

. At the same time I suggest that you check your email address against this website and if the bad guys have your email address then change it and move on. https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TedT
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Re: Not getting answer from PlusNet re potential email compromise

Hi Aenea,

Apologies in the delay getting back to you on this case. Wil have also replied to your open question  HERE.

I hope that assists you with your query.

Regards

Kev

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Kevin T
 Plusnet Help Team