cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

wraithwind

Re: No email this morning 10 November

Interesting hypothesis. I've had other email providers (gmx, zoho, yahoo) for some time now, so never really relied on an ISP's own email service. This is because if / when I want to change my ISP, email isn't a problem. As Plusnet don't seem interested in providing FTTP any time soon, & there appears to be some confusion about it, I shall probably be changing at the end of my contract.

Hazel74
Rising Star

That's my outgoing email of 2 days finally left the outbox and gone into the sent items.  It was 3 test emails I had done.

So, that's outgoing emails via my Office client on my laptop - however they have NOT done the same on my phone 😞

I will check the settings on both...

Hazel74
Rising Star

This situation needs to be clarified, something needs to be put up on the news thread if Plusnet are to dump their email service.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Hazel74 The source of that claim has yet to be verified, and if it it is first or second line support agents, I would dismiss it anyway - they have no knowledge of what is down the line.

John
Hazel74
Rising Star

Thank you for that.  Any chance of an update this morning?  Why can I send from the client on my laptop but not from the client on my mobile?

I don't want to have to start fiddling around with settings 😵

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Hazel74 I'm not an expert, but my many years of hands-on experience with computers and electronic data transfer suggest this is a situation which will not magically improve instantly - but whatever you do - DON'T start messing with your settings, they are correct - the issue is out of your hands.

John
smallblueplanet
Rising Star

Re: Email problems

I still cannot download my emails. This has not changed since the problem occured.

Not one single email has been downloaded. 

smallblueplanet
Rising Star

Oh and my username for my account starts with an A.

harrym1byt
Rising Star

Inbound now seems to be working almost instantly, or at least the thread updated emails for this thread are. Still unable to connect, to send anything and its been three days now.

Saturn
Grafter

Re: No Email Access

My email client has been set to port 110 in and 25 out forever, but mobile phone client to 587 out.  With port 25 out cannot send emails but with port 587 I can.  This may help some folk get back to normal.  Inbound now seems ok, but I still have some missing from 10th Nov. 

Hazel74
Rising Star

@jab1 thank you for that.  However no email on my mobile phone is not good - take the poor person who was standing at the Ryan Air desk!!

blairatholl
Hooked

<<What experience of running IT systems do you bring to the discussion? >>

Since 1967. So mine's bigger than yours.

<<So you know all the answers?>>

No. And clearly neither do you. But I do know when incorrect inforrmation is being given out.

Final answer.

H2a
Dabbler

Received a few, but still unable to send emails out, damaging my business

MatthewBest
Dabbler

Re: Missing emails - are they lost? Definitive Statment from PN Please

I just received a bunch of emails that were sent at various times on Wednesday so it looks like they aren't lost, but they are taking up to 48 hours to arrive.

The main problem for me is that I am still unable to send any emails.

elkieluca
Grafter

Still can’t send emails!