cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

Surfer
Grafter

Re: No Email Access

Sadly as this is not the first or second time I have experienced this issue, it is very frustrating and I am now looking at the cost of having a separate POP provider as I already have one for my SMTP.  Not keen on using Gmail even for private correspondence.

I am wondering what suitable POP & SMTP providers are out there and are based in the UK rather than the States?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

@James17 I find going on 'rumours' to be a dangerous path - they often originate from people who hear half a story on a  subject they are not qualified to comment on.

If PN were to decide to discontinue the service, which is their right, they would give advance warning, but from what I know, I can't see as that as being the case in the short/medium term, but who knows what goes around in the heads of those 'higher-up'?

John
fox65
Grafter

Re: No email this morning 10 November

I wish I had come on here a couple of hours ago been trying to work out why no email and the answer was here all the time must remember that for next time.I hope it soon gets fixed.

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

Maybe its time for me to make another complaint to the BT CEO.   

Just sent an email to Philip Jansen

Dear Mr Jansen

Further to my emails , why is your Plusnet webmail system still offering such a disgusting service?

What are you doing to resolve the matter?

Why am I being continually fobbed off with excuses by your complaints team basically saying there is nothing you can do to fix the problems?

I want you to address this problem personally rather than passing it to managers who offer no solution.

Now we have zero service since November 8th  and still no update on when our webmail system will be up and running again.

Do something!
jab1
Legend

Over what, @FAILSAFE01 - plant/equipment failure? That can happen anytime.

John
briston
Aspiring Pro

Equipment failure can happen any time? Yes, but. Equipment has a design to take into account how critical it is. An analogy. Mobile phones are not built to last 10 years but satellites are. I was a project engineer for a broadcast TV company and we never fell off the air because of equipment failure on my watch. The kit was designed to be robust and regularly monitored. So your comment has to be qualified.
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: No Email Access

It's not like a bricklayer building a wall and knowing how many bricks to go and how many he lays an hour. If you don't know what's wrong and you're investigating the problem what exactly are you able to say except that ypou're working on it?

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
briston
Aspiring Pro

I agree, you cannot give an update of there is nothing to report. Begs the question, why set a time to be updated in the first place
Flabula
Grafter

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

Same here with Globalnet email.

Since yesterday afternoon it was very slow to access email and then since last night it has been time out errors on my email clients and login failure on webmail. It's often going down, but usually back in less than an hour. This has been a long outage and it's becoming a concern now for missed messages. I hope it will be resolved soon!

James17
Hooked

@jab1 The source in this case was a member of Plusnet’s own service team.

briston
Aspiring Pro

Yes, remember it? Maybe not. I'm not sure how long you have been with Plusnet. If I remember correctly maintenance was to be done on the email server. Service was transferred to the backup mirror server and the main server deleted. Unfortunately the control for both main and mirror were side by side resulting in our being very easy to confuse which to delete. Yes, both deleted. It at least that's what we were told.
Remind me of my electronic engineering days in TV. Demonstrator you could not take the station off air by 1 control switch. There were 2, they were 10 ft apart deliberately.
jab1
Legend

@James17 wrote:

The source in this case was a member of Plusnet’s own service team.

First-line telephone support?

John
jab1
Legend

@briston wrote:
Yes, remember it? Maybe not. I'm not sure how long you have been with Plusnet.

See my profile. And as an aside, I'm no longer a PN subscriber, I just stay on the forums to try and help.

John
FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

The service has been abysmal for over 2-3  years , and I've complained to the CEO several times , they know what the problem is but have no timelines to fix it .  Basically they can't be bothered to spend any money on a service which provides them with no profit.

briston
Aspiring Pro

@jab1 So I've been in here a few years longer. Perhaps you should try and help out on the amazingly long thread about the Plusnet router, can't believe that's been going on so long.
Meanwhile I am sure many are waiting for emails to flood in.