cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple emails

portrait
Dabbler

Multiple emails

Within the past two weeks I have started receiving multiple repeat emails both on my mobile phone and my tablet. these occur as many as 18 at one time, then maybe a day or two after they are all there again. most annoying having to keep deleting them.  Any ideas please.  Sad
Percy.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Re: Multiple emails

Are you using POP3 or IMAP? If you are reading your emails on multiple devices IMAP would be much better.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DavidStafford

I would advise deleting the email account from the device and readding back on. That will never always solve the problem.
http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/ - these can help with setting up the email address again.
DavidStafford

That will work nearly ever time*
jim:quote
portrait
Dabbler

I use POP 3 but i'll try removing and reinstalling, then imap as a further try. thank you.
Fixes: 75

I use IMAP on my PC, tablet and phone, no problems.
Just bear in mind emails deleted on any device will disappear from all other devices.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
portrait
Dabbler

I have just deleted and re-installed on both mobile phone and tablet with imap.  On restarting on the phone I immediately received 50 odd past emails which I have now deleted, but none showed on the tablet. So lets see how things go from here. t
Thank you all for your tips and information.
Percy.