cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple emails

portrait
Dabbler

Multiple emails

Within the past two weeks I have started receiving multiple repeat emails both on my mobile phone and my tablet. these occur as many as 18 at one time, then maybe a day or two after they are all there again. most annoying having to keep deleting them.  Any ideas please.  Sad
Percy.
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Multiple emails

Are you using POP3 or IMAP? If you are reading your emails on multiple devices IMAP would be much better.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DavidStafford

I would advise deleting the email account from the device and readding back on. That will never always solve the problem.
http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/ - these can help with setting up the email address again.
DavidStafford

That will work nearly ever time*
jim:quote
portrait
Dabbler

I use POP 3 but i'll try removing and reinstalling, then imap as a further try. thank you.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I use IMAP on my PC, tablet and phone, no problems.
Just bear in mind emails deleted on any device will disappear from all other devices.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
portrait
Dabbler

I have just deleted and re-installed on both mobile phone and tablet with imap.  On restarting on the phone I immediately received 50 odd past emails which I have now deleted, but none showed on the tablet. So lets see how things go from here. t
Thank you all for your tips and information.
Percy.