Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metronet site now insecure

SimonB28
Hooked

Metronet site now insecure

Hello

I have 3 old Metronet email addresses that I'm trying to phase out.  I just tried to login to the Member Centre on the metronet.co.uk domain which I have accessed routinely for years (well after the 2016 shutdown of Metronet, and as recently as last year).  I've never seen it show as insecure though?

Can anyone offer any help or advice? Is the certificate just out of date and needing a sort out?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Metronet site now insecure

Hi @SimonB28, thanks for flagging this up.

I've raised it with a team to look at. I'll update once I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We've put the wheels in motion to renew the certificate as soon as possible (ref INFOPS-70682)

Thanks again for the flag! 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SimonB28
Hooked

Hi.  It seems to be fine now and is letting me login again without the alerts about the site being insecure.  I note that the homepage still shows without the padlock, but the rest of the functions seem to work and show the padlock.  Thanks for sorting it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @SimonB28 

Yep I can see we've renewed the certificate on the Metronet Member Centre login:

Secure metronet.PNG

I've asked our team about the rest of the Metronet pages.

Cheers again for the heads up! Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet