Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MADASAFISH Email

FIXED
DaveCW
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

MADASAFISH Email

My Wife has an old email account back from the days of ISP Madasafish. Madasafish was bought by Plusnet in 2006 and was eventually closed down, all bar webmail. All is working ok but we need to change her password as there is a possibility it has been hacked. We Use Mozila Firefox for emails. she has tried logging in to webmail via Plusnet but the known good password won't work and we can't find the password field in Firefox either. Can someone please advise how we can get her mail password changed. Webmail does not give a forgotten password option.

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: MADASAFISH Email

Hi there. 

For Madasafish email accounts, you’ll need to reset the password by going here: https://secure.madasafish.com/forgotpassword/

If your wife has a domain name attached to the account and wants to reset the password for any additional mailboxes then you’ll need to do that through the account. If you’re unsure where to go, these instructions should guide you: http://www.madasafish.com/support/features/domain_names/additional_mailboxes.shtml

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DaveCW
Aspiring Pro

cheers will give it a go shortly.

DaveCW
Aspiring Pro

Ok so tried https://secure.madasafish.com/forgotpassword/ it does take me to the correct place, I have tried twice but it has not sent the email to her account.As yet not been able to get her password reset. Will keep trying

DaveCW
Aspiring Pro

I have also noticed Madasafish is not available in the dropdown to log in to Webmail

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @DaveCW,

Have you checked the spam folder to make sure it hasn't been automatically sent there by accident?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@DaveCW If the email isn’t in the spam folder, would the contact address on the account by any chance be the Madasafish email address you’re trying to reset? Because you’d have a hard time getting the password reset email if we’re sending the email to the affected address and you’re unable to log into that mailbox. Sad

If that’s the case we can reset the password over the phone for you either by calling us on 0800 432 0200 or if you can send me a PM I’ll be happy to call you/your wife back.

Also when logging into webmail you’d just choose the Plusnet server as there is no option for Madasafish. That’ll still work though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DaveCW
Aspiring Pro

Ok so here goes, She has access to the account in Mozzila Thunderbird (password was saved when I set it up for her but I could not work out how to recover it), and as of a few mins ago she has remembered the password so we can access the account in webmail.

She received a suspicious mail today from what looks like her own account saying it was from a hacker. i suspect this is a scam mail but to be on the safe side we would like to get the password changed to just put her mind at rest. I have tried several times to use the link you kindly sent, but the mail is not coming through. 

I will call C/S later on after tea and get my wife to speak to them to change the password.

Just as a side question can we set up all mails to her Madasafish address to be forwarded to a Plusnet mail address? We can then run down this old account. I suspect Plusnet won't keep it active for ever anyway.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @DaveCW 

If she’s able to log into the account at https://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/summary/ she should be able to change the password online by following the below steps:

1. Click on the My details tab.
  2. Scroll down to the Password section and click Update.
  3. Create a new password and click Submit.

With regards to forwarding mail from the Madasafish email address to a Plusnet email I’m afraid that there’s no functionality to do this, although I’m not aware of any plans to discontinue Madasafish email services but I’m sure that we’d let you know beforehand if we do plan to. 

Let us know how that goes. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DaveCW
Aspiring Pro

Brilliant, that is all sorted now thanks very much for your help Gandalf

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Perfect Thumbs_Up no problem I’m glad to see that’s sorted now. Feel free to let me know if there’s anything else you need help with.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet