cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to my mobile

Torin60
Dabbler

Emails to my mobile

This morning I celebrated when I discovered emails were getting through to my laptop and desktop computers, then I went to my moble and it was asking me to sign in to my email account. No matter what I try  it will not verify the account. The same email address and password work fine on computers. Where am I going wrong?

33 REPLIES 33
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Emails to my mobile

I have the same problem, I got a new android phone on Wednesday and tried to set up emails and I can not get it to verify the account.

I've tried the same settings as my tablet, my PC and PN help page settings and can't get anywhere.

Often comes back with some IMAP error or Can't verify account'.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Very strange. I have my main PN email on the iPad ( been there for 2+ years), and strangely enough it is not picking up. Whatever happened Tuesday/Wednesday appears to have broken the link between mobile devices and the Plusnet mail servers,

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Interesting …

Yesterday I sought to add a new email address to my iPad … all absolutely nothing to do with Plusnet. No matter what I did the account configuration failed to verify. However that did not stop the device from downloading and sending emails on the account within the mail program.

However it totally refused to work with encryption turned on … with the same settings which work in the iPhone. Must be a problem with the client device!!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Torin60
Dabbler

What I failed to say in my earlier post, is I am a madasafish email user, can anyone confirm the seever settings that should work, strangely my wifes phone which was still okay can now, an hour later, no longer verify the same account.

jab1
Legend

I have just had a thought - which may totally wrong - wonder if it is a bug introduced by iOS15?

John
Torin60
Dabbler

I have samsung mobiles John

jab1
Legend

@Torin60 So that blows that theory out the window. 😀 But it is good to know, because it points back at PN.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jab1 wrote:

I have just had a thought - which may totally wrong - wonder if it is a bug introduced by iOS15?

Could equally be a new Android bug!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Android and iOS bug.😀

John
Torin60
Dabbler

One of my 2 mobiles has just managed to reload my email account and has brought in thwe back log of emails....but can not send out emails. The other still does not verify my account. An hour ago I used the message facility on the Plusnet product and service page to ask for help....still waiting.

Mayfly
All Star

Further to my post above my new phone is a Samsung as is my tablet that has been set up for over 4yrs and it's working fine.

jab1
Legend

@Mayfly Very strange - my problem is on an iPad. Don't know about the iPhone as that only has the iCloud email set on it and, to be honest, the way I work, I'm very unlikely to try setting any other accounts on it.

John
Mayfly
All Star

@jab1 I've always had problems with setting my email on new devices. As it keeps coming up with 'unable to verify' and I'm not the only one I would assumed something baulked at PN with the latest outage, but that's just my best guestimate as I know diddly squat about how it all works.

Edit: I've just done a mobile up date and then managed to set up my email no problem. So not sure if your right @jab1 with it being a bug on both IOS and android and something cleared on my phone or PN sorted it.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Mayfly

See above - I had a very similar experience last night with an email account well away from Plusnet space. iPad set up reported failure to verify - edit and save stored the unverified settings. Then went into the mail app and successfully downloaded all of my email.

It would be unwise to presume this must be a Plusnet problem.

What version of iOS?