Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to my mobile

jontysoper
Grafter

Re: Emails to my mobile

Hi John,

Ah, nuts.

Are you from an original PN background?  Just curious.  Having come over from FNN, I have to wonder if things are working just because I've made a change and forced my phone to re-connect at a higher level, as it were.  Since I posted, I've also updated my wife's mobile and she's now good too - for now, I will add.  Yes, quite pessimistic, sadly.

Jonty.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Yup, my account has always been a Plusnet one. Just as a point of interest, I did try changing the security on the account to see if it would force it to work, but all I got was 10 minutes of 'verifying', so I aborted - I needed the iPad for other uses.

John
jontysoper
Grafter

Good evening.

Another find... having dug out some server info and made another change, my sending - and receiving - of test emails is super fast since changing my outgoing to the below:

Outgoing is now relay.plus.net (was: smtp.plus.net (previously smtpmail.freenetname.co.uk)).

I've worked with tech since I was 7, albeit back in 1980.  There are times when I hate it.

Jonty.

Torin60
Dabbler

nearly 4 days of thisnow. Madasafish....plusnet....bt.... who I have 2 mobile sim cards from,  my broadband and landline..... could/should  I be looking else where for all services. @bt