cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email vanished

MikeFreeman

Email vanished

Hi,

A few days ago all of my wife's email vanished. This happened a few months ago and to be fair we had received warnings but this time it has all disappeared without warning.

Is it possible for her email to be un-deleted?

Thanks,

Mike.

5 REPLIES 5
Bojang1
Grafter

Re: Email vanished

Hi, are you still an active Plusnet customer? Or are you an email only customer? I don't believe Plusnet would delete emails if you still have a paid service with them. What did the warning say?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@MikeFreeman Hopefully this will get picked up for you by one of the PN staff who know how to sort it. I'm surprised you didn't get the warnings - have you checked the spam folder?

@Bojang1 Even if you are a fully paid-up PN customer, if you use webmail or IMAP, there are (quite small) limits on what you can leave on the server as both these options do.

John
Bojang1
Grafter

The guide here mentions 1GB limit: Email storage limit 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Bojang1 I know, but that is not a lot if you send/receive photo's or largish pdf's/documents.

You can mitigate the problem by extracting these items and saving them on your own storage, or, with IMAP, moving the mail to local storage.

John
Orwell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hi MikeFreeman,

Thank you for your message, and I am sorry to note the inconvenience.

So that I may assist you further, please private message me your account username.

Best Wishes

- Ken

Ken Bryant
 Plusnet Help Team