Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Email log in issue

Quote from: MichaelJ
Quote from: Bob
Quote from: mikesin
Unable to acess email with correct user name and password using windows mail

This shouldn't be happening AFAIK (and I've managed to replicate the issue). We'll get somebody looking at it...

same problem

Apparently this is an expected symptom. We'll make that clearer in the next Service Status update (if the issue's still occurring).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MichaelJ
Grafter

Quote from: Barry
Just FYI, I'm a customer, and not employed by Plusnet.
B.

Oh  well, that makes censorship okay then!
peaksoft
Grafter

Quote from: Capvermell
Quote from: peaksoft
Could someone who has experience of these matters please advise me whether, when the issue is fixed, I will know that it is fixed because I will NOT be asked to log in for my email?
Or do I have to keep filling in my user  name and password to discover if it is fixed?

The problem is not fixed so there is not point in you keeping on attempting to log in.

Which regrettably, doesn't answer the question.
MichaelJ
Grafter

Quote from: mikesin
Unable to acess email with correct user name and password using windows mail

This shouldn't be happening AFAIK (and I've managed to replicate the issue). We'll get somebody looking at it...

same problem

Apparently this is an expected symptom. We'll make that clearer in the next Service Status update (if the issue's still occurring).

I'll take my symptoms and get to my bed (S. Pepys)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Could someone who has experience of these matters please advise me whether, when the issue is fixed, I will know that it is fixed because I will NOT be asked to log in for my email?
Or do I have to keep filling in my user  name and password to discover if it is fixed?

That will depend on your email client I'm afraid, some 'forget' a stored user and/or password when it fails. From what I saw the latest released version of Thunderbird did not and once my mailbox was fixed it automatically picked up again.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Capvermell is well known as a one-man ranting band.  Just ignore him, it's generally what I do.

Barry Zubel is a well known Plusnet loyalist moderator who always abuses his power as a moderator by jumping on anyone who dares criticise Plusnet and then threatening to ban them from the forum
I haven't posted in this forum for months and I am only posting today because Plusnet has proved incompetent and has had its email platform down for hours.
However I'm clearly wasting my time here where the Plusnet sycophant camp can always be guaranteed to run to the company's rescue.  Clearly my efforts would be better deployed in non Plusnet controlled ISP discussion forums and/or in getting internet journalists to take an interest in this matter.
zubel
Community Veteran

You sound mad?
B.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

very true Barry
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Just FYI, I'm a customer, and not employed by Plusnet.
B.

Oh  well, that makes censorship okay then!

No it means that you've added nothing new to the conversation and are just hindering the Plusnet bods from getting on with what they should be doing which is fixing the problem and accurately establishing just who is affected and publishing fully accurate information.
Capvermell
Rising Star

You sound mad?B.

You have always sounded totally unfit to hold the role of a forum moderator.  The fact you have no answer but to call me mad is a clear sign that you have lost the argument.
peaksoft
Grafter

Quote from: jelv

That will depend on your email client I'm afraid, some 'forget' a stored user and/or password when it fails. From what I saw the latest released version of Thunderbird did not and once my mailbox was fixed it automatically picked up again.

Many thanks
Capvermell
Rising Star

Quote from: jelv
No it means that you've added nothing new to the conversation and are just hindering the Plusnet bods from getting on with what they should be doing which is fixing the problem and accurately establishing just who is affected and publishing fully accurate information.

And you add what precisely?  Only the constant licking of Plusnet corporate backsides to attempt to vindicate your choice of ISP it would seem,
12612 posts clearly tells its own very sad story.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

You've had a warning and I think you've gone too far - why Barry hasn't banned you I don't know.
And before you accuse me of being a Plusnet apologist check out a sample of something I've said about Plusnet recently: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/t/3910764-dont-move-to-plusnet-at-the-moment.html - and don't start discussing that in this forum!
Edit: and while I type this post, as predicted he makes the accusation!
Dorian

Looks like e-mail is up and running again. However I know that e-mails have been lost or bounced back by PN as undeliverable throughout the day. What e-mails have been lost and their importance I will never know!
I can cope with the outage but lost e-mails is another matter.
MichaelJ
Grafter

Just a final comment - not for the cheerleaders but for Plusnet to take seriously
To err and make mistakes is human and forgiveable. To then go into denial is from a corporate point of view a very dangerous defence. Remember all those silent majority reading these posts! They make judgements on one thing. Service. If that promised service goes off line for ten hours plus, what do you think they are taking from that experience? A sanguine acceptance? If you believe that....well
Okay, sorry nurse, I'm going to rest Roll_eyes Grin