Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email log in issue

Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Email log in issue

Quote from: jelv
Networks is the team who will actually be working on the issues; Bob has no authority over them whatsoever.

So why isn't it the head networks man or the Plusnet CEO, Jamie Ford, (where the buck surely really must stop) that is forced to explain this foul up to the company's customers and other forum members?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Mine and Bob's job is to speak to our customers via the forums, amongst other methods, not Jamie's. We will make sure that your concerns and comments are flagged up to them, that's assuming they haven't already read them. I know that managers across the business are aware of this outage already.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MichaelJ
Grafter

Quote from: mikesin
Unable to acess email with correct user name and password using windows mail

Yep, like so many no email  in or out
I've giving up. The cheerleaders are out. As someone who has spent a long time in advertising and marketing I can tell you 95% of customers never say anything. So from Plusnet's point of view if I was them I'd be very concerned what the silent majority are thinking about this mess. It takes a long time to get a good reputation and just one big ballsup to destroy it
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I would hate to work for you  Capermell, or are you just a one man ranting band, I have never heard so much inconsiderate ranting rubbish
PS my emails appear to be working, had one at 13:25, and some earlier today
Capvermell
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
Mine and Bob's job is to speak to our customers via the forums, amongst other methods, not Jamie's. We will make sure that your concerns and comments are flagged up to them.

That sounds like the anonymous big company way of doing things.  In a small nimble fast growing company that has spectacular success the CEO usually takes a close personal interest in everything and is also accountable for everything.
But as Jamie spent years at BT before coming to Plusnet I realise that such a culture will obviously be completely alien to him.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

This shouldn't be happening AFAIK (and I've managed to replicate the issue). We'll get somebody looking at it...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

zubel
Community Veteran

Capvermell is well known as a one-man ranting band.  Just ignore him, it's generally what I do.
There has been a lot of speculation as to the problem and the cause of the problem.  Whilst not having email for a few hours is irritating, it's not life-threatening and people should tbh be patient.
Plusnet have the appropriate people working on the problem. Hassling people like Jamie is absolutely pointless.  At the most, he'll call up the managers of the people who are doing the work, who will in turn bother the people who are trying to fix the issue thus delaying resolution for everyone.
Best time for a post-mortem is after the damn problem is fixed.  So, everyone needs to take a chill pill, and perhaps check tomorrow to see if it's fixed or not.
For those of you intent on raging on, spreading hearsay and mistruths I'll happily ban you until the problem is fixed.
B.
MichaelJ
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I would hate to work for you  Capermell, or are you just a one man ranting band, I have never heard so much inconsiderate ranting rubbish
PS my emails appear to be working, had one at 13:25, and some earlier today

One of the lucky ones, PP. I'm off to rest and hope that in the morning I can send and receive emails - have my doubts  
Capvermell
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
I'm the designated Digital Care person on call today, I *did* get called out, unfortunately this was only a few minutes before my first post in the thread here and that is something I'll be raising on Monday.

And that was at 3.45pm after your call centres had been gummed up for hours with angry customers reporting that they couldn't get their email.
What on earth is wrong with your call centre procedures if it takes them so long to spot there is a major problem and call in a senior member of staff like yourself to deal with it.
peaksoft
Grafter

Could someone who has experience of these matters please advise me whether, when the issue is fixed, I will know that it is fixed because I will NOT be asked to log in for my email?
Or do I have to keep filling in my user  name and password to discover if it is fixed?
MichaelJ
Grafter

Quote from: Bob

This shouldn't be happening AFAIK (and I've managed to replicate the issue). We'll get somebody looking at it...

same problem
Capvermell
Rising Star

Quote from: peaksoft
Could someone who has experience of these matters please advise me whether, when the issue is fixed, I will know that it is fixed because I will NOT be asked to log in for my email?
Or do I have to keep filling in my user  name and password to discover if it is fixed?

The problem is not fixed so there is not point in you keeping on attempting to log in.
Capvermell
Rising Star

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I would hate to work for you  Capermell, or are you just a one man ranting band, I have never heard so much inconsiderate ranting rubbish

And I would absolutely hate to work with someone like you Pierre, Pierre who clearly only ever pours oily charm on his bosses no matter how bad their screw ups in the hope of receiving a push up to the next rung of the corporate job ladder.
MichaelJ
Grafter

Quote from: Barry
Capvermell is well known as a one-man ranting band.  Just ignore him, it's generally what I do.
There has been a lot of speculation as to the problem and the cause of the problem.  Whilst not having email for a few hours is irritating, it's not life-threatening and people should tbh be patient.
Plusnet have the appropriate people working on the problem. Hassling people like Jamie is absolutely pointless.  At the most, he'll call up the managers of the people who are doing the work, who will in turn bother the people who are trying to fix the issue thus delaying resolution for everyone.
Best time for a post-mortem is after the damn problem is fixed.  So, everyone needs to take a chill pill, and perhaps check tomorrow to see if it's fixed or not.
For those of you intent on raging on, spreading hearsay and mistruths I'll happily ban you until the problem is fixed.
B.

dear oh dear oh dear
Please! You don't like what the customers say so gag them
Now Plusnet really have lost the plot
I'll copy your reply. It's worth keeping and...
Now off to bed and rest
Bye. folks
zubel
Community Veteran

Just FYI, I'm a customer, and not employed by Plusnet.
B.