cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating subfolder in inbox

Bellringer65

Creating subfolder in inbox

I am trying to create a subfolder in 'INBOX' but it is not a parent option for creation of subfolder. How do I do it?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Creating subfolder in inbox

@Bellringer65  Welcome to the forum.

Why on earth would you want to?

These are tied to the number of independant email addresses that you have. If you only have 1 address you can only receive them into 1 Inbox.

Maybe if you explained what you are trying to gain from this we could advise.

If you want to add another address then see here https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Bellringer65

On my PC I use Outlook where I keep emails in different subfolders of the Inbox. My iPhone and iPad currently only have Inbox so if I want to find, for example, an email with an e-ticket then I have to search through. I wanted to create a sub-folder that I could move it to and make easy to find. Do I just create a folder in the root on Plusnet? I have tried this and see it on my iPad along with 7 other folders but I only see 3 folders (inbox, sent and bin) on my iPhone - trying to work out how I sync all these between Plusnet, iPhone and iPad.

Also, my iPad has different advanced settings for mail to my iPhone as my iPad has a section for 'Mailbox behaviours' which the iPhone doesn't.

Bellringer65

I think I've got there- my iPhone was set as POP but iPad as IMAP. Now changed iPhone to IMAP and folders show and match - although iDevices have 'Spam' and 'Trash' folders which don't show on Plusnet server. Also this thread <https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/IMAP-What-is-stored-on-the-server-etc/td-p/1329432> seems to show what I thought I could achieve of subfolders to the inbox.