cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

PaulScott
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 2

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

If your Plusnet mailbox has been archived, you can post here to request it to be unarchived.

Why might be mailbox be archived?

A mailbox can be archived for two reasons:

• The mailbox size has reached the maximum capacity of 1GB
  • The mailbox has not been accessed for 90 days or more

How will I know if this has happened?

If your mailbox size is at 75%, you will receive a notification email to inform you of this. If the mailbox hits 100% (1GB), then you will have 4 weeks to reduce the mailbox size (deleting emails or downloading them will reduce the size) before it archives. If it does archive, you will receive a final email confirming this.

There are guides on email on our website here which tell you how you can set up a POP3 protocol to download your emails to your computer or device.

If you have not accessed your mailbox for 90 days, you will receive an email notification. If you are still wanting to use your mailbox, you need only log in to the mailbox or use an email client to sync up to your mailbox to keep it active.

What happens if I wish to unarchive my emails?

Rather than having to call us, you can request to unarchive your emails on this thread. Please pop a post below and confirm the mailbox you wish to be unarchived. If your username is on your forum account, our team will be able to locate your account using this. If not, they will drop you a private message (PM).

If you have more than one mailbox, please specify which mailbox you wish unarchiving but please do not reveal the full mailbox name. You can use something like "mailbox beginning with G" or something similar. If we're not sure on which mailbox to perform the action on, our team will drop you a private message (PM).

Please note the team picking up on this thread can only help with mailbox unarchive requests.

Things to check before posting

Ensure that you have not used POP3 - remember that using POP3 on an email client will download all emails to that computer and delete them from the server. If this has happened, we cannot restore the emails.

985 REPLIES 985
Parsling
Dabbler

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Can you restore my e-mail accounts that have been archived please.

davehough

I have sent you a PM requesting some information from you.

davehough

Thanks you for your time on the phone today. As discussed I have now raised a request to restore your emails. This should be completed within 24-72 working hours.

tlicense

Am not sure if my emails have been archived or not but they have all disappeared. The account is in regular use and I've not received and notifications of using more than 75% of the mailbox size.

If possible can my emails be un-archived? (If that is the problem!)

Thanks.

jammin

Hi

not aware of receiving any limit emails for some time, so don’t think I have been archived, but if you could check please and restore if they have been?

thanks

kellygarf
Hooked

HI

I, too, am not sure if my emails have been archived or not but they have all disappeared prior to 31 December. The account is in regular use and I've not received any notifications of using more than 75% of the mailbox size.

If possible can my emails be un-archived, if that is the problem, or restored? Let me know if you require any further information from me to enable this to happen.

Many thanks

Boarder57

Please unarchive my email mailboxes

Thanks

LeChuck
Hooked

Hello tlicense,

Thank you for your message, I have requested your mail be unarchived now and sent you a support ticket through our Member's Centre. This request is for the default mailbox associated with your account, but if any other mailboxes have also been archived please let us know and we will add this to the task. Please allow 3-5 working day's time for an update on this case and we will confirm with you once this has been completed.

Kind regards,

LeChuck

LeChuck
Hooked

Hello jammin,

Thank you for your message, I have requested your mail be unarchived now and sent you a support ticket through our Member's Centre. This request is for the default mailbox associated with your account, but if any other mailboxes have also been archived please let us know and we will add this to the task. Please allow 3-5 working day's time for an update on this case and we will confirm with you once this has been completed.

Kind regards,

LeChuck

LeChuck
Hooked

Hello kellygarf,

Kind regards,

LeChuck

Swarn

Can you please un-archived my emails so I can download locally. 

LeChuck
Hooked

Hello Boarder57,

I have checked your account and I cannot see that your emails have been archived. If you are experiencing difficulties in accessing your emails please can you first see if you can access them using our webmail service at https://webmail.plus.net/

If you are able to view your emails in webmail but not in an email client (such as Outlook, Mac Mail, Thunderbird or through a smartphone app) then it may be the software you are using preventing you from using your service correctly, please check the account settings if so to ensure it has ben set up correctly. If you are still unable to access your email in webmail however then please let us know and we will investigate further.

Kind regards,
LeChuck

polsonhill

Good Afternoon,

Can we get our mailbox checked please as all of the e-mails have disappeared from it and we have not received any notification that it was over the limit. 

Thank you very much

Boarder57

Hi LeChuck,

This is the message that I received in my mailbox in webmail:

"You are receiving this message as your mailbox has not been accessed since:

2020-09-27 08:56:20

We have therefore archived the contents of the mailbox, please note that new mails will continue to be received.

To stop this from happening going forward you need to access it and collect E-Mail at least once within a 90 day period.

If you would like your email restoring then please contact our support team by raising a ticket using the Help Assistant on our website:

https://portal.plus.net/

We will only keep archived email for a limited period of time, after which it will be permanently deleted."

Best regards,