cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to e-mail account.

davidwb

Access to e-mail account.

Hello,
If I move away from Plusnet to another broadband provider, will I lose my Plusnet e-mail? If so, for how long after I leave will I still have the use of, or access to, my e-mail account?
Thanks,
Davidwb.
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 86

Re: Access to e-mail account.

When we receive confirmation that the migration has completed, our systems currently will automatically downgrade the account to a non-subscription dial-up account.
This non-subscription account will be subject to our normal procedures, and will be closed if left unused for 90 days.

http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml#moveProviders
Someone more knowledgeable of this particular situation will elaborate...hopefully Smiley

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

It is always better to advise them in a ticket that you want to downgrade as sometimes it doesn't happen
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Prior to moving away from Plusnet you can ask for your account to be downgraded to a PAYG Dialup account upon migration . This is free and your email account will then be retained provided you access your email regularly - from memory this is at least once every 60 or 90 days. Access can be from your new ISP (you do not need to use a Plusnet Dial Up connection) and you can use webmail &/or your normal email client to access your emails.

davidwb

Thank you.