cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squirrelmail folders

decomplexity
Rising Star

Squirrelmail folders

In Squirrelmail, some of the folders in the LH folder list are shown in light green (e.g. Drafts) and others in black (e.g. Spam). DAK know the significance of this?
And I have for some time had TWO Sent folders: one with path* of INBOX.Sent and the other INBOX.Sent+  The first of these normally stores my sent mail until deleted, but the second has just started to be used instead for no obvious reason. DAK anyone know how I could end up with two and how switching between the two in use could come about?
* displayed in the browser status line when I mouse over the folder name
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Squirrelmail folders

The Drafts, Sent and Trash folders are permanent default folders which can't be deleted (though I think can be renamed). Spam and any others are user folders which can be deleted (if empty). Even though the Spam folder was created by the system it is still a user folder.
Sorry, don't know what a Sent+ folder is. Does you normal Sent folder contain a large number of messages? Or perhaps it's corrupted in some way.
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: decomplexity
And I have for some time had TWO Sent folders: one with path* of INBOX.Sent and the other INBOX.Sent+

Are they green or black? What mailbox does the problem exist on (or is it more than one)?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

decomplexity
Rising Star

Hi Bob
The INBOX.Sent (which is empty) is green.
The INBOX.Sent+ (where sent mail is saved until it is deleted) is black.
The email clients (more than one) are Windows Live Mail.
IMAP is used by each client, with 'Sent' being one of the IMAP 'special folders' designated for central (as opposed to PC) storage; this is to enable each client user to see who has replied to what.
I am 'visiting' the client PCs tomorrow to check their IMAP setup, and will post again if anything transpires. 
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017