cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to e-mail account.

davidwb

Access to e-mail account.

Hello,
If I move away from Plusnet to another broadband provider, will I lose my Plusnet e-mail? If so, for how long after I leave will I still have the use of, or access to, my e-mail account?
Thanks,
Davidwb.
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Access to e-mail account.

When we receive confirmation that the migration has completed, our systems currently will automatically downgrade the account to a non-subscription dial-up account.
This non-subscription account will be subject to our normal procedures, and will be closed if left unused for 90 days.

http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml#moveProviders
Someone more knowledgeable of this particular situation will elaborate...hopefully Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It is always better to advise them in a ticket that you want to downgrade as sometimes it doesn't happen
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Prior to moving away from Plusnet you can ask for your account to be downgraded to a PAYG Dialup account upon migration . This is free and your email account will then be retained provided you access your email regularly - from memory this is at least once every 60 or 90 days. Access can be from your new ISP (you do not need to use a Plusnet Dial Up connection) and you can use webmail &/or your normal email client to access your emails.

davidwb

Thank you.