Did you mean: 

Superuser Program

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Superuser Program

Morning Everyone

Just to confirm we now have our list of Superusers for our programme.

Thank you to the people who have volunteered and also to those who have accepted the challenge.

I'll now be having private discussions with the group, whilst we get everything in place and make changes to the site to support the programme. We'll look to officially launch the programme and introduce the Superusers to everyone, mid June.

Thanks again Louisa

Louisa
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I can't help but think that the time table for this has slipped, we're now into mid June but on re-reading the post I assumed it would be live this month, or maybe it's just my interpretation of the posts that are wrong.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Anonymous,

A perception that things have slipped depends on which milestone you are looking at and how you perceive the milestone.  "Launch by mid-May" has potential for interpretation! Cool_smiley

It's mid-May, the idea has been floated, feedback has been received, team members have been identified and approved, changes to supporting technology have been identified, have all been achieved.

Such changes have yet to be implemented for which I suspect some training will be needed, to say nothing of agreeing operational practices.  The legal bods also need to sort out NDAs.  After which the curtain can be lifted on what this will deliver for the forum users.

It might be possible to suggest that the programme is agreed and committed to just about by mid-may but the launch to the general uses is still a little way off.  Getting this right is important, so a bit more time is probably better than a premature kick off from which the concept would need to start off repairing reputational damage.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

any News about this Yet ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Expect more news in the latter half of June. The leader is on holidays at the moment.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

announcement is finally here and I wonder about the weighting given to the selection criteria specially the last one

An avid and active forum user

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oldjim - Where are you seeing this?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Anonymous - https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Announcements/Superusers-Are-Here/m-p/1449285

EDIT: Unless you were referring to

@Oldjim wrote:

selection criteria specially the last one

This is on the first page of this thread

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @HarryB - I was asking as it never appeared for me as an unread post.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Well congratulations to the mugs people who volunteered. (I had already guessed 4 of the names in that list)

I really hope you are make a difference.

And with that, I'm not going to post help here anymore as I feel that with all the super users and the shed loads of new staffers who announced themselves over the past 2 months that there should be sufficient helpers now.

Adieu 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I really do hope that you'll review your opinion @SpendLessTime.  I certainly do not perceive the Superusers as in any way attempting to cover the breadth of expertise and helpfulness shown by many of the more experienced and long serving Community members.  Where I see the group being most effective is in collating the information from many individual cases and doing a bit of RCA to 'push' to more senior management for resolution.  Given the current position this aint gonna be easy!  We do need  help to get the right data to build on

I remember two definitions:

• A volunteer is someone who didn't fully understand the question.
  • A pioneer is easily recognised.  He's the one with the arrows in his back!

Maurice

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Oldjim wrote:

announcement is finally here and I wonder about the weighting given to the selection criteria specially the last one

You've certainly got a point there as my first reaction was who?

It must have been others as well as I got an unresponsive script error trying to look at their profiles Grin

Best of luck to them.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

There has been a constantly clear message that the SUs are not a stop gap to the support resources. I am expecting nothing more than having the ability to use (yet to be established) routes to senior management to get traction on burning issues. If you like advocates for getting customer concerns heard.

Other than that the functioning of the forums remain as is - a meeting space between customers seeking help, valued community members and support staff.

Anonymous
Not applicable

With all due respect those 'routes to senior management' should have been in place prior to launch, well I say launch, what I really mean is the announcement of 6 names.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I see that a new bug has crept into the system with the Superuser program.

2017-06-19.png

fao @jaread83