Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superuser Program

colintivy
Rising Star

Re: Superuser Program

@Kelly

I am glad to hear from you again! You have always been very helpful to me and others with our problems in the past and, presumably your present position in the Company just fills you working life these days.

It seems to me that the dominating technical problem about Webmail issues have not got any obvious action to clear them. Is it a matter of the management team not reading about them? Surely there must be a plan of action to clear everything up technically but does it cost too much to do it?

Let us hope to see some progress.

Thumbs_Up Crazy3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bergstien, @LouisaMartin - It's been a week since I made my last post in this thread and so far I've had no reply. Has any progress been made on this project as a whole? I see there are new bodies onboard but this appears to have stagnated.

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

@Anonymous you really expected a FAST answer. 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HairyMcbiker - Well yes I did, as I assumed from what I have been told and read that things were progressing and I'm annoyed because no one seems to read their PMs either, considering it was sent 2 weeks ago. I just hope it's not indicative of things to come.

How can Plusnet expect anyone to participate with the program that relies on community user interaction when they can't be bothered replying to PMs or posts.

It's such a shame as it all sounded really promising.

HairyMcbiker
All Star

@Anonymous I used to be a optimist then I joined PN 😉
As has been pointed out above if you want a FAST answer then post on facebook or similar, more exposure there. I think that is what it comes down to really. This is a niche forum, not many users read it, compared to facebook. So they can't be bothered to monitor it actively.

This "su" program sounded interesting but here we are a few weeks in and they have already lost interest in it, typical really.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Given the number of new heads, I imagine a lot of time is being consumed in training and planning at the moment.  I know one of the managers is snowed under and aware that they do owe responses to PMs.  Do not count this as a dead duck too soon!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@HairyMcbiker - Posting on Facebook or Twitter about this Superuser Program will unfortunately achieve nothing.

@Anonymous - I'll give @LouisaMartin and @Bergstien a nudge for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HairyMcbiker
All Star

@Townman Inside info is very nice, but no use to us normal mortals.
Over the years I have seen new agents come and go, mostly quickly. The "old team" have moved to new roles and are seldom seen any more.

@harryb  did I mention this program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds promising @Townman, and reading between the lines I'll assume you are saying this as you have been invited to participate. Thumbs_Up

But all said and done how long does it really take out of the day to respond to a message. Yes, people are busy but weeks, days, really!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@HairyMcbiker wrote:

@HarryB  did I mention this program?

Considering it's in a thread regarding the superuser program and was a post responding to Mook asking about the superuser program, I thought it was a fair assumption that the post was regarding this thread/Mooks post.

Apologies if I've misunderstood what you were getting at.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Anonymous wrote:

... reading between the lines I'll assume you are saying this as you have been invited to participate. Thumbs_Up

... people are busy but weeks, days, really!

Hi @Anonymous,

I have not been invited to participate (I do not believe any invitations have gone out), but I have been "making a bit of a nusience" of myself over some matters around here; there is real recognition of the issues and I get the same positive consistent answer in respect of the Superuser program.  It is still being fleshed out.

I rather suspect that there needs to be a fair amount of work undertaken to get buy-in from all of the middle management ... after all if the program delivers its promises, it is going to be a bit scary having some smelly hairy users (free of corporate politics constraint) able to challeng unit manager over what's happening.

I trust the person I'm most in communication with and if they say "sorry I've been busy, but I will respond directly..." then I believe them.  There is a lot happening around here all at once ... new people and potentially a very big exciting change to the influence of forum members over operational activities.

At the moment, I'm waiting, doing a little bit of gardening, quietly piling up those annoying little stones and sometimes half bricks one finds whilst digging....

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this is even more frustrating as I was told that the invites would be sent out a couple of weeks ago and that too was from a very trustworthy source. Having said that at least you are getting responses to your queries, I’m getting ignored. Cry

HairyMcbiker
All Star

@HarryB no it was a GENERAL comment not limited to this thread/subject. It appears that if you want a quick answer (from PN) then don't post here, post on social media.

I had a thread open on the forum for a MONTH before someone answered it, I had given up at that point, maybe if I had posted it on FB then it would have been answered quickly. Several others are in the same boat, it is RARE that we see an agent give an answer. Maybe this will change but we have been told this SAME thing (i.e. more staff/payment it getting fixed/view your usage will be fixed next week/month/year ??) for over 7 years that I know of.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@HairyMcbiker wrote:
It appears that if you want a quick answer (from PN) then don't post here, post on social media.

Unfortunately all that has done recently is pull resource away from the forums.

Hopefully it won't be as much of (If at all) a problem once we have the new starters on the team fully as it will considerably increase the size of the team compared to what it was previously.

@HairyMcbiker wrote:
we have been told this SAME thing (i.e. more staff/payment it getting fixed/view your usage will be fixed next week/month/year ??) for over 7 years that I know of.

I can't speak for all of those things, but as for more staff, as I mentioned previously in this post, we were hiring and the vacancy had been posted.

A lot of the new starters are currently in training and have already made introduction posts in the introductions board.

Having said this, I don't really want to keep this thread off topic (Superuser program) so I'll leave it at that for now.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Good evening everyone

Sorry for my absence on this thread lately but I'm now back and here to answer you questions.

I'm in the process of having discussions through PM with people who have either thrown their hat in the ring for our new programme or I've proactively contacted as we believe they'll serve the programme well.

Thanks
Louisa