cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search/Own Posts

Razer
Grafter

Search/Own Posts

There doesn't seem to be a feature with the forum to search for threads started by self/other. Neither does there appear to be any link in my profile to look at threads I have started (only a list of ALL posts). Am I missing something?
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Search/Own Posts

You aren't - it is very unfriendly from that point of view
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it easier to use google and then search for
    "community.plus.net"  +  your username  +  search keyword(s)
Razer
Grafter

OK, thanks Jim. Another reason for PN to switch the crappy forum software for something which can do a better job (like vBulletin).
@purleigh. Which is just the same as the forum software can do. It won't give only threads started by username, but all posts with the keyword.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It is possible to obtain a list of all recent (and not so recent?) posts someone has made by clicking on their name to the left of any post that they have made.
I realise that a) this is all posts and not just threads started b) as far as I am aware there is no was to refine this to return posts containing only specified keywords.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Razer
There doesn't seem to be a feature with the forum to search for threads started by self/other. Neither does there appear to be any link in my profile to look at threads I have started (only a list of ALL posts). Am I missing something?

In Profile Search posts, ignore any results starting with Re:
Not ideal though.

Or...
For your own threads started...
Assuming you have not Unsubscribed from any threads you started, view Notifications and emails, this does give a list of all subscribed threads, but includes any you started, and are still subscribed to..

Also... in your Stats, 2nd Pic

The Best Solution .....   Google         "topic started by [color=red]razer" site:community.plus.net[/color]

Insert user name here

Razer
Grafter

Ignoring those with 'Re:' - That's what I did. Long and laborious.
As to searching "topic started by razer" etc. I'll give that a try, assuming google robot does monitor those pages. Thanks for that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does work, though the final "print" format is a bit different, there's probably a Boolean expression to get round that .
Examples...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google   "topic started by razer" site:community.plus.net -print page
Does sort of get you round that, though the result is that you appear on a page of main subject headings, not an individual result.
"Find" would take you to your threads.
Razer
Grafter

Thanks very much PC, I appreciate it. It does the job.